When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Member UK

Hello Gents,

Just joined up as I'm at the start of a complex and likely expensive journey.

I've had and still have a variety of interesting genuine watches, mainly Omega, current stable is a seamaster pro 300m Chrono and a Breitling Colt.

Now comes the complicated bit. A Rolex/Tudor Sub.

I've always wanted one and went to buy one a few months ago, it was a non snowflake Tudor Sub in fantastic albeit unboxed condition.

The downside is on putting it on my wrist it felt so different to the Omega and Breitlings I'm used to, much lighter and dare I say it cheaper.

So I started questioning if it was the right choice and started looking around for what would make my ideal Sub. I came to the realisation either a Tudor snowflake or an early Rolex Sub ideally on a nato strap were my preference. With the best will in the world I can't afford a genuine early Rolex Sub at the moment and what I'd really like to use this watch for is a daily wearer at the moment.

So I think my best way forward is a frankensub. I'm going to start collecting bits and will be using an ETA movement.

As a bit about me, I'm in my 30s, and live in Yorkshire England. I restore classic cars which used to me day to day job, nowadays it's more of a hobby than anything else.