When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New 243 Panerai Rightie And Leftie

Guest eddielee11

Kruzer, this bloke & his buddy were at their local AD when the manager pulled the 243 out of the safe and showed it to them. I saved the pics as well and two other pics which was not included featuring wrist shots - those wrist shots really get me going all @#$ about 243. As far as I know, none of the two blokes owns the 243 and this watch has been doing rounds at Panerai events and that's it. Saw one myself at the recent event over here in Melb. I called several ADs both local and abroad and all of them said that 243 wont be available to public till late Nov/ Dec.... and possibly even Jan 07.

It looks to me like someone has the 243. I have never seen pics of the leftie though. :)

Yup, both gen 243 and 239 have been sighted out "in the wild" (moderator pls delete if deemed innapropriate linking other forum posts here):

http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/mess...yecandy+for+you

BTW, those two reps from EL's original post are really something, it's amazing how far have the rep factories gone with attention to minute details and quality of craftmanship. Using CAD/CGI tools definitely helps these days...:-)

Which all begs the question - how come we still need to deal with outdated and substandard 44mm PAM CGs, crowns and dials ? :rolleyes::blink:

The 'lefty' is definitely on my list...

cheers,

babola

Edited by babola

Quarks-

Thanks for straightening me out. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

What is amazing is that the 239 and 243 have different crownguards, bezel pearls and hour markers on the gen and the reps actually take that into account. Now if those two are not available to the public manufacturers are getting incredibly close to the gen without an actual gen. You don't suppose there is a Paneristi or Panerai themselves behind all these rep improvements do you? :lol:

So the leftie is really a Luminor with a sub bezel but luminor width and no He valve. I went with the 243. No serial number but every time I look down and see T Swiss T when the gen is L Swiss L on the 239 it will drive me crazy. ;) That is the other flaw looking at someone else's listing. Eddie's may be different though.

You are doing better than me. My 243 is already on its way. I think I am going to pass on the lefty and hold out for the 187 and Northpole Angus is showing to round out the year. As a righty, I find the Destro crown guard actually feels weird on the arm. I ended up trading my 217 for that reason.