When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

EMS/custom question

whoever

Hello there, 

i have a question regarding EMS in China, and more widely, chinese customs:

there is an item on the way for me, no watch, (and a genuine item) on its way from Japan to China. (bought in Japan, the item has to be shipped via a lab in China to be upgraded before it comes back to me in EU)

It is stuck in customs since the 24th of january, and nothing then happened on the tracking sheet. I know, tracking is not always accurate, but until customs it was this time extremely accurate. 

I know, chinese holidays are knocking at the door, but i need to know if my valuable thing risks something? (again, it's gen, so no risk of fraud here)

Normally Japan to China is about 2-3 days....

if it continues like this, is there a way to contact them (maybe via a chinese speaking member here on rwg?) 

and i'm freaking out! :frusty:

Its the first time there is so much money for me in the game.... 

thanks for your opinion and help

cheers

here!

Hi there,

i wouldn't worry too much at this stage its only been 5 days. But i live in Shanghai and I've noticed since October 2012 (communist party congress) the
postal system in China has slowed down probably because of more security checks. Also relations between Japan and China are at an all time low which won't help either.

Give it more time, i send and receive stuff all the time and never had a problem with EMS but have noticed it takes longer.

Good luck

P.

Postal services world wide are horrible!! i don't think any of them update with any degree of consistency. One package, will show almost day to day progress to the destination, the nexst one will look like it's still stuck at your local PO for 2 weeks and then one day, you get an Email from the buyer, package arrived today!!

Give it a few more days to let the tracking catch up. Remember too, you can only count business days, no weekends or holidays. The postal services don't work on weekends or holidays!!