When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What I've been doing lately....

redwatch

Some of you may have noticed I haven't been that active lately.  For one reason, I am so happy with my Triple Zero that I haven't been wearing much of anything else lately.  It's just a great looking watch.  The other reason is because I have developed a new passion and so my finances have shifted towards a slightly different hobby.  

Last September I purchased a 2012 Fiat 500 Abarth and lately I have started getting into racing it.  It is extremely exhilarating and a lot of fun.  Definitely scared the crap out of me the first time, but I am anxious to do some more!!!  

Here's a few pics of my first try out at Willow Springs Raceway:

file-114.jpg

file-115.jpg

That little cinco cento scares you?

It's all good fun. I miss racing and hopefully will get back on it after school is over. That fiat with the right suspension setup would be a breeze in the solo races. Right on brother!

No the car doesn't scare me at all.  Its the stock tires, stock suspension and stock brakes that scare me ;)  Upgrades are imminent!  :D

I saw one of those Abarths in Italy and wanted one, then I came to the realization that they are a bit too small for my fat [censored]. Lovely feel once in though. Get the upgraded brakes and maybe just sway/torque bar upgrade? tires and brakes are a huge improvement for sure.

I saw one of those Abarths in Italy and wanted one, then I came to the realization that they are a bit too small for my fat arse. Lovely feel once in though. Get the upgraded brakes and maybe just sway/torque bar upgrade? tires and brakes are a huge improvement for sure.

You'd be surprised how roomy these little cars are!  Yeah, I have a long list of upgrades pending.  Wheels & Tires, Brake Pads & Rotors (stock calipers are quite good actually), Springs, Chassis Bracing & Upgraded Sway Bar, and the most important upgrade:  Race Harness!  Man it took a whole lot of added effort to keep myself planted in the seat of the car!!!

WSMC ?

Yeah.  Willow Springs, but the small "Streets of Willow" track.