When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Stem Replacement On A Tudor Eta 2824--how To?

indyberetta

I am working on a Tudor Prince project and broke the stem on the movement. I am no a movement guy so I need info on how to replace the stem. Also where do I purchase one at? Any help is appreciated. A picture would be great to help me out.

This is an awesome forum. I have been collecting replica for about 15+ years and was so excited to find a place where people have similar interest!

Thanks to all!!!

Try www.ofrei.com, or julesborel.com for a stem in the US, or Cousins in the UK. I guess you know which ETA movement you have, they'll need that. It might be quicker to call them. Also, a local watch place might be able to help you, depending on where you are.

To remove the stem, open the caseback, you might have to take the movement out of the watch, and you depress the buttonjust below where the stem comes out of the movement w/ a 1.2mm screw driver, while pulling on the stem. Look around here cause there are tutorials on how to do this. If the stem is broke of in the movement, I'd being taking a trip to the local watchmaker!

if u cant get it , lmk via email i will help u with some pics , but there r many post showing how to , i even did a tutorial on how to fix the locking mechanism around the stem if u get it jammed , that one should really help , it is under watch repair section probably middle pages somewhere

joe

I am working on a Tudor Prince project and broke the stem on the movement. I am no a movement guy so I need info on how to replace the stem. Also where do I purchase one at? Any help is appreciated. A picture would be great to help me out.

This is an awesome forum. I have been collecting replica for about 15+ years and was so excited to find a place where people have similar interest!

Thanks to all!!!

This post shows in detail how to release and install the stem, it should help.

How-to uncase a rollie...ETA

A stem is a 401 part number, order it quoting the caliber number of the movement.

RG