When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

If this 5513 case is real, what's it worth?

scott60

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROLEX-SUBMARINER-5513-CASE-EXCELLENT-1967-SIGNED-II-67-/130846440573?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e770e3c7d

I ask because I have a nice clean 1530 movement and a lovely 5513 dial (refinished).  I've been thinking of buying a Minh 6538 dial and Minh 6538 case to do an ultimate 6538 franken, but.....if I bought the above 5513 case at a decent price I'd have a gen/franken 5513 for little more than the cost of a replica 6538.

Thoughts? 

6538 would be better! :) but I'm biased. It looks ok to me, the insert seems to be glued in and sloppily at that so that raises the question of why the insert doesn't snap into the bezel. Insert might be fake or the bezel but I'd say its the insert. Other than that the seller has good feedback and says if you have any questions to feel free to ask. So feel free

6538 would be better! :) but I'm biased. It looks ok to me, the insert seems to be glued in and sloppily at that so that raises the question of why the insert doesn't snap into the bezel. Insert might be fake or the bezel but I'd say its the insert. Other than that the seller has good feedback and says if you have any questions to feel free to ask. So feel free

yeah, thanks. he's so far told me that case, bezel and insert are original. I asked him about the how smooth the bezel rotation is. should it be 120 clicks for full rotation?

6538 would be better! :) but I'm biased.

:D :D

yeah, thanks. he's so far told me that case, bezel and insert are original. I asked him about the how smooth the bezel rotation is. should it be 120 clicks for full rotation?

No "clicks" on 4 digits Subs / Sea Dweller, mate :)

That's what I'm saying, without a bracelet you deffinitly can find one for around 3k sometimes even cheaper depending on condition. Most ppl do Frances because its cheaper than buying all gen, but in this case its not worth it. IMOP

Thanks so much for this. I thought they went around 5K and that if this case went for 2K maybe it would be a deal. I'll wait until I can buy something from someone I trust

no clicks on the vintage, bi-directional. I wouldnt drop 3k on a case, not for a 5513. So even if it's real I would say it's overpriced. And he had it on there for 3k, then changed it to 2600, and now back to 3k.

thanks. good points and all well taken. I love the education I'm getting on this forum.