When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Date Adjustment For Pam187

sailboat641

Noob alert (already tried searching on RWG and TRC)

I just got my first new rep. Its a PAM187. It has the Asian 7750. However, I just assumed that with this watch I could adjust the date similar to a genuine. I have read threads that date adjust is functional.

I adjusted the time, but when trying to adjust the date, it didn't work (the first "click" out on crown). The watch is beautiful and the chrono works and resets perfectly.

Is this how the watch is supposed to work or do I have to manually wind hands until correct date is achieved. Sorry for the noobish question.

Noob alert (already tried searching on RWG and TRC)

I just got my first new rep. Its a PAM187. It has the Asian 7750. However, I just assumed that with this watch I could adjust the date similar to a genuine. I have read threads that date adjust is functional.

I adjusted the time, but when trying to adjust the date, it didn't work (the first "click" out on crown). The watch is beautiful and the chrono works and resets perfectly.

Is this how the watch is supposed to work or do I have to manually wind hands until correct date is achieved. Sorry for the noobish question.

I've had mine now for about 6 weeks and it's working perfectly! To adjust the time I pull out the crown to the first click and adjust time by turning CW! If yours doesn't work like this I suggest asking for an exchange. If you bought it from one our X-cellent forum dealers I'm sure he/she would kindly replace! I hope you work out your problem! It's a real eye getter! Cheers!! X

Sailboat, keep in mind that since it is a 7750 of some sort, changing the date during like 8pm to 6am is a big no no, you will feel the force as you try to change the date around that time. And don't force it, otherwise it would jam the gear up. I would recommend to adjust the time to like 7 or 8 in the morning, then adjust the date, and that should be ok. (if I was guessing right in the first place that is).

Good luck, and welcome.

Sailboat, keep in mind that since it is a 7750 of some sort, changing the date during like 8pm to 6am is a big no no, you will feel the force as you try to change the date around that time. And don't force it, otherwise it would jam the gear up. I would recommend to adjust the time to like 7 or 8 in the morning, then adjust the date, and that should be ok. (if I was guessing right in the first place that is).

Good luck, and welcome.

What Woody said...

For un-explained reasons, the watch will not allow you to set the date when the time is between 10:00 & 2:00...

So set the time first to around 6:00, then set your date, then set to the correct time...

Works perfect every time on my 188...

According to EL, this is even an issue with the Gen's...

TT

Thanks everyone for your help. I've tried it with all your suggestions but still no go. I'm gonna try to find a local watch shop that'll take a look at it...then if doesn't work, my dealer said he would exchange it.

However....everything on this watch is so perfect I don't want to send it back....

What Woody said...

For un-explained reasons, the watch will not allow you to set the date when the time is between 10:00 & 2:00...

So set the time first to around 6:00, then set your date, then set to the correct time...

Works perfect every time on my 188...

According to EL, this is even an issue with the Gen's...

TT

Thanks everyone for your help. I've tried it with all your suggestions but still no go. I'm gonna try to find a local watch shop that'll take a look at it...then if doesn't work, my dealer said he would exchange it.

However....everything on this watch is so perfect I don't want to send it back....

Sailboat, I don't think you are doing anything wrong. I believe you have a movement problem! I have seen this before and we will see it again!

If its new...contact your dealer! :)

-MM