When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yacht-master Rolesium Ss

johnboy777

I have a $100 Yacht-Master Rolesium SS which love - the mvt. failed a few weeks ago. I can pick up a real Swiss Eta 2824 mvt. on the web very reasonably, and I have access to a great watchsmith that I found.

Can I replace the asian mvt. with a Swiss Eta 2824?

Thanks for the feedback.

John H.

Yes, but you'll need hands for an ETA 28xx (size 90/150/25), the dial feet will need to be cut, ETA stem trimmed and crown swapped (or take this opportunity to install a gen crown and tube) and I would suggest going the route of an ETA 2836, as it will line up better in the case. Having done this swap before, I can say with confidence that it's absolutely do-able.

Yes, but you'll need hands for an ETA 28xx (size 90/150/25), the dial feet will need to be cut, ETA stem trimmed and crown swapped (or take this opportunity to install a gen crown and tube) and I would suggest going the route of an ETA 2836, as it will line up better in the case. Having done this swap before, I can say with confidence that it's absolutely do-able.

thanks, U. ....found this on the ofrei website - my bad, must have missed it before.

BTW... where can i get the correct hands for the YM that work on the 2836 ?

ETA 2836-2 Nickel Plated...11.5 ligne, 25 jewels, Incabloc Novadiac shock protection, automatic, sweep seconds, day and date at 3 o'clock. Hand sizes 90/150/25, 28,800 BPH. FB-3002NP $76.00

153046-14375.jpg

Edited by johnboy777