When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problem explorer 2

gmtlover

Ok guys,

received my explorer 2 yesterday.

I have one problem, once the crown is screwed in, the GMT hand doesn't move.

So it sets perfectly via the crown, and when I set the normal hour hand the GMT also moves with it.

But then when all is done, the hour and minute hands work perfect but the GMT hand stays still.

Any idea what could be the problem?

Keyless works?

it is an a2836-2 thanks!

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Mate, be happy!!! You just got a watch that can stop time in every country but in your own country, yes its worthless i know, becuse what does it help you that it can stop time in say india and not in your country!!!

I know your sad now, but again i have the solution for you :D

1B027E67-F161-4289-88F4-1504C6558EF4-598

Make certain the copper washer is there between the dial and pinion, it's all that keeps the GMT pinion in place. Check the gear under the GMT pinion and make certain it is OK.  Then the very small, 3 gear stack that drives off of that gear up by the date wheel change. I've had that 3-stack gear setup fail once. 

freddymovement.jpg

Make certain the copper washer is there between the dial and pinion, it's all that keeps the GMT pinion in place. Check the gear under the GMT pinion and make certain it is OK. Then the very small, 3 gear stack that drives off of that gear up by the date wheel change. I've had that 3-stack gear setup fail once.

freddymovement.jpg

Thanks Joey!

I took some watches apart but I do not have the balls to take this GMT apart. Never done a GMT before. And very scared that I will damage these black painted hands.. Already damaged a set on DSSD and those weren't even painted ;-)

So if I could get a spare set of hands I wouldn't hesitate.. But now.. Mmm I don't know

Edited by GMTlover

Thanks Joey! And very scared that I will damage these black painted hands.. Already damaged a set on DSSD and those weren't even painted ;-) So if I could get a spare set of hands I wouldn't hesitate.. But now.. Mmm I don't know
It probably has nothing to do with your skills. I have 100 euro hand levers and sometimes these rep hands chip paint even by looking at them. You could just give it a try ;)