When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Planet Ocean 45mm upgrade/repair help

hazey

Hi Everyone, first time poster here, I have been doing a lot of reading on here and read some great reviews etc.

I have a UPO I purchased from Joshua about just over 1 year ago and would like some help with regards to repairs and upgrades.

Firsty I had an unfortunate accident and Knocked the bezel. It looks a lot worse in person and it has even cracked some of the pearl. The yellow mark was there when I recieved the watch and even in the QC pics, but I was assured it was just the pics (anyway, pointless now). What are my options for replacement. I've read that gen needs to be modded. A direct replacement would be ideal for me. Also something with the correct pearl and positioning would be a bonus,otherwise I'm just happy with a direct replacement like I have but Joshua says they dont make it anymore so he cant help.

post-40400-0-94891800-1362091176_thumb.j

I've seen the ones on ebay from wholesaleoutlet990 but worried about the pearl, it looks too high.

Which one is the correct one? as there appears to be 2 listed with a $10 price difference. A 45mm for $28 and the 2208.50 45mm for $39

Secondly I have lost the end of this pin, not sure what its called. Anyone know where I can get a replacement

post-40400-0-29807500-1362091180_thumb.j

And lastly I would like to do the following upgrades

1. Lume upgrade - I am located in Australia. Can someone recommend who does relume jobs and the approx cost. Is this the right option for me given that I would like the markers, hands and pearl lume to be as strong as gen. (to light up when walking into a room or lift after being outside) Currently my hands are stronger than the markers but I have to use a torch or be in direct strong sun light

2. Bezel/Pearl upgrade only because it is damaged now as per above

3. What is recommended for removing scratches from the bracelet, while maintaining that brushed matt silver finish. 

And where would be the best place to get these items fitted, Can it be any watchmake, do they need to spealise in swiss, i'm just worried about it being flagged as a rep.

Many thanks

post-40400-0-80531700-1362090161_thumb.j

post-40400-0-02442100-1362090165_thumb.j

Wow hazey you got alot going on there buddy but I'm here to help! First thing the bezel replacement is easy job you can do yourself(check the repair/mod section for tips) if not send it to MD2020 who is Watchsmith in USA. Nice guy fair price. He also will start relume jobs soon as well or there is a guy in Greece named the RELUMER google him to find his website. The pin can be replaced by any jeweler. It's an easy inexpensive fix but MD2020 can take care of that as well. Success to you!

Thanks. Ive had my eye on the ceramic but holding out for the next version. What could i sell it for you think? It has the swiss eta. Also ive been trying to locate the thread with all the gen part numbers so i can get prices on gen dial from cousinuk site. I believe it was linked in a franken guide thread. Cheers