When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Josh SS Datejust arrived last night

Randy Pangborn

OK, I know this watch is pretty "vanilla" to many here but I think it looks amazing and perfect for my semi-thin wrist and business suits. At 45 I can pull off the ruse...this is a watch I might actually afford. . 

I did a search here before buying and can only thank those who recommended a SS DJ as "pretty damn convincing right out of the box" (or words to that effect). There is an etched coronet in the crystal but it is very subtle and takes some searching to spot. I've seen some other reps where it is way too obvious and clearly not a gen.

Also can only echo the great comments I read about Josh. Super service, answered emails within 20-30 mins. Not sure about the QC but his QC pics email said the following:

Due to the fact we are offering the stringent QC checks and assurance to our customers with photos sent and waterproofing service done, we will like the customers to take note of the below rules that govern every sale from our webstore:

...For waterproofing done on watches above USD200, please note that you should follow the Watches Q&A on how to make sure crown and caseback is secured tightly before coming in contact with water. All chronograph watches that is waterproofed can come in contact with water but NO ACTIVATION of chronograph pushers while  under water because the rubber seals will allow water to seep in during such an action done. If you need to time the event .. Activate before you take the dip. We do not cover such water damage.   

Sounds convincing and he sent me a personal email that all watches (..."are pressure tested before delivery sir"). May still consider having Dom do a preventative maintenance service and waterproofing just to sleep better as I'd like to wear in the pool and shower.The entire watch - and esp the new Jubilee bracelet - has great "feel" and I honestly feel this rep has the same quality feel as my friend's Rolex (although a Sub). 

FWIW I live in Spain and had zero problems with Spanish/EU customs. Sent by Josh in plastic bag/bubble wrap/styro box/brown cardboard. He runs a good outfit.  Attached is a pretty c*ap iPhone wristy. 

Thanks again for the good advice on a great rep to go with and on using Josh. Will be back there as soon as he has the new Skyfall AT ;-)

post-51269-0-10292200-1362481502_thumb.j

Edited by Randy Pangborn