When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch Model Numbers

BlackFlash

How do watches get there numerical assignment and where or how do I find out what number represents which model? 

I've scoured the site looking, but haven't been able to find the answer. Please forgive my rookie question, but I'm trying to get a better idea of which pieces members are referring to when posting in all numerics and without the actual model name of the watch.

Thanks in advance.

Flash

Until you become familiar with the different model numbers of a particular brand, You can always"google" that reference number provided you know the brand. If you are looking at posts in the Rolex forum, the numbers will always be Rolex numbers, same with Panerai, and some others. Omega uses such a long number system, practically everyone refers to each watch by its model name. If you want a good reference for Rolex, there are several pretty good reference books available, I would stay away from the 24.99 USD  Iphone/Ipad app "100Years of Rolex" I bought it a couple of years ago, and it worked fine, when I went to the new Iphone 5, the program constantly crashes. Obviously they haven't updated it and done any "bug fixes"

It would be difficult to create a list of rolex references, as there are hundreds. While there are probably 25 or so that are very popular, quite frequently an odd bird shows up. Mainly research, use this forum, and your computers search capabilities.