When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

about the rep sellers on eBay

Erict719

Wow man! hey since you are a BMW tech, I just got a off topic question, I have a e46 , the shop find that my front control arm bushing is a little misalign in the bushing cup, does that effect my toe in as I keep on driving? Since my car is becoming less stable, but the shop said its nothing urgent to change.

I need details, is it AWD or RWD? RWD uses an indexed control arm and bushing which is centered in the bushing carrier so "misalignment" is fairly unlikely. AWD uses a round bushing carrier (the same part used on the E30 and E36 as well!) so a bushing could become "misaligned" there too but it is highly unlikely and I've never seen it happen. E46s like to eat front bushings so I recommend replacing them on a regular basis. If you're noticing an increase in "looseness" in the front end, that's the first thing I'd change. I installed '96-99 M3 bushings on my 330xi and it was a nice upgrade although for 90% of the driving, decent stock bushings will be fine. You will want to keep an eye on your rear springs too, they have a habit of breaking! That's the part I replace most often on an E46 these days but that's because I've already changed all the window regulators on my customer's cars!

Happy driving!

~Brendan

• Like 1