When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Miyota To Eta Modification. I'm Stuck On A Problem...

FlipLockBuckle

Hallo,

After modifying the crown guards in order to make them look more accurate, i wanted to replace the Miyota Movement by a Swiss 25 Jewels ETA 2824-2 movement i purchased before.

This are the steps i did up to now:

• Purchased a cheap watch, where i removed the ETA movement, took off the Hands, and took of the Dial
  • Removed the Miyota movement of my Rolex replica and also removed hands+dial
  • Broke off the little stems from the back of the rolex dial...

My idea now was to glue the ROLEX Dial ontop of the cheap dial in order to fix it back to the ETA movement.

BUT UNFORTANETLY THERE IS A LITTLE PROBLEM

As you can see in the picture below, the Date Disc of the Miyota movement is a little bit wider than the ETA Disc. Therefore the date window of the Rolex dial does not show the date properly aligned. :(

Is there anything i could do now??? I don't want my watch to be totally messed up now.

Maybe I could take the wider Datedisc from the Miyota Movement and glue it ontop of the ETA datedisc? DO you thing that would work.

Pleaaaaaaase help me, i would appreciate any ideas.

Below (in the picture) you can see all the pieces i have right now:

154004-14154.jpg

You have to transplant the datewheel overlay from the Miyota to the ETA. The overlay repositions the date to the correct location/alignment of the date window on the dial.

Hey...what do you mean by "datewheel overlay"...do you mean the date disc itself?

Well...the problem is that altough the date discs have the same outer diameter they have not the same width. The Miyota one is almost twice as thick as the ETA one.

Here a picture:

154027-14153.jpg

I dont think that i can just switch the white date discs.

Do you have any ideas what i could do next?

please help me :(

Edited by FlipLockBuckle

:Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy:

Hey...what do you mean by "datewheel overlay"...do you mean the date disc itself?

Well...the problem is that altough the date discs have the same outer diameter they have not the same width. The Miyota one is almost twice as thick as the ETA one.

Here a picture:

154042-14152.jpg

I dont think that i can just switch the white date discs.

Do you have any ideas what i could do next?

please help me :(

The date disc on the miyota probably has a "date overlay" glued on top of it. You should be able to peel this overlay off of the actual disc with a knife blade or razor. I've never fiddled with the miyota movements before so this is just conjecture, but it is how the ETA reps are done. Good luck.

:Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy:

The date disc on the miyota probably has a "date overlay" glued on top of it. You should be able to peel this overlay off of the actual disc with a knife blade or razor. I've never fiddled with the miyota movements before so this is just conjecture, but it is how the ETA reps are done. Good luck.

Thank you very much for your fast reply.

Could you please explain what exactly this "date overlay" is, and how i can find it and peel it off. Im a complete newbie so excuse my (stupid) questions :)

And what do I do once i have "peeled" the socalled overlay off the miyota movement...do i glue it simply to the ETA movement? how and where do i glue it to?

Sorry for my stupid questions...i really appreciate your nice help!

Thanx for your answer in advance.

Edited by FlipLockBuckle

'Date Overlay' is a date disk stuck on top of the original Miyota date disk.... You need to remove it and stick it ontop of the ETA date disk.... What are you doing about hand sizes?

Just took a closer look at the MIYOTA Movement, and found out that there is no "overlay" glued on a datedisc. There is just this one extra-big date disc.

What could i do next, should I remove the thick date disc from the miyota movement and just glue it on the eta one? If yes...how do i remove such a date disc!

thank you

Hey...thank you very much for the link.

It would definelty help it there WAS any date overlay.

The point is, the wide date disc in the miyota movement it's not an overlay, it's the disc itself.

Meaning: The Miyota movement has just this one big thick date disc.

What would you propose? Should i disassemble the big miyota date disc and simply glue it to the eta movement? I really dont know what do do...maybe i should "buy" a date overlay somewhere, or do you think the thick miyota date disc will do it?

Edited by FlipLockBuckle