When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New IWC Mark XVI >> Date Change problem

girlinshanghai

Hi Guys

I just received my new IWC Mark XVI V2 watch from one of the TDs here.

It looks great to me, but have a problem adjusting the date. Traditionally, the date can be adjusted by unscrewing the crown and pulling it to the first position. Mine doesn't work, and to change the date I need to pull the crown to the second position and adjust 24 hours on the hour and minute hand. :fool:

Any DIY solution to this or advice on how I can resolve this myself? i am about to get a blister on my thumb for adjust 1 to 27!

TIA!

I will post some pictures after I clean up this little one :)

Edited by girlinshanghai

What do you feel when you turn the crown in the first position? Resistance, noting, clicking?

Hi Rolexman, but I can feel clicking and slight resistance.

After fiddling with the crown for a long time and scoring myself a slight blister on my thumb (for real :wounded1: ), I managed to change the date but only at a very uncomfortable first position (bascially a trial and error position between the first and second position. Every time I try to change it again I need to spend another couple minutes trying to find that "position") -> is this good enough a solution or something else I can do?

Also, not sure if tis is a problem but I realized that the date changes at 2355 for each date. Is this normal?

TIA!