When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question about 288k

BeefSteak

Hello gents,

I recently purchased a Pam 288 from Toro, it is a beautiful watch but one thing in particular caught my attention. I have not handled the gen of this model but by looking at the pictures found online of both reps and gens I noticed that the chrono subdial has a more matte finish to it. The subdials on my rep are more shiny and tend to reflect light regardless of the angle.

I tried to use the search option but it appears no one has addressed this issue in the past. Any input is much appreciated.

Its a common issue with H maker subdials.... if you notice there auto stuff like say the new 299N it has that satin finsih to the subdial

It is a flaw mate... you can look to matt lacquer the dial I have done it before and it helps but never gets that gen look properly up close

The original V1 288K with 7750 has the correct subdial..so I am guessing its a mnufacturing consequence with thier newer dials/ dial maker..

The newer version 288K comes with 2 different movements the 7750 is one but both have the same sort of flaws... most notably the case edges as you look at it side on its too flat at the point where corner meets lug edge side...then there is the crown and logo again its wrong shape and size..the distance of wires from case etc etc I think H maker must have used another subcontracted maker for some of those parts..but couldnt say why?

Overall the newer versions of 288K isnt a patch on the V1....

There are some threads on RG etc looking at these V2 288K

KBHs is throwing me off given the crown and pushers... so if those havent been modded it looks V1.5 but its not the V2 as yours is