When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Royal Oak Offshore Diver V3 vs V3.5 Verdict?

outrnm

So i have been reading all the threads on last bad batch of V3.5 (was going to order from Puretime) and some people are saying go with old 3.0.  Ready to order here and dont know if the current batches are of good quality?  Would like to get the most accurate AP ROO rep first wanted the black themes but all the movement problems turned me way off, why would anyone pay $600 for a rep thats bound to break within a few years?  The Diver seems like the best choice right now, i hope i am understanding this correctly.   

Go with the 3.5. For a while there around xmas last it was pot luck with the 3.5 Qc, so much so that the 3.0 became almost more sought after. I think things have moved on and the lume has improved and is 'back to normal' for the most part. Most QC I've come across in the last month or two has been fine. Still keep an eye on it though. If anyone bought one recently they might chime in and let us know their experience.

I have a 3.5, go with the 3.5 ;)

Best thing to do, imho, is buy the clone version and swap the movement later, so you are sure that the swiss eta is really swiss

Edited by ressmeplz
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I have a 3.5, go with the 3.5 ;)

Best thing to do, imho, is buy the clone version and swap the movement later, so you are sure that the swiss eta is really swiss

Well when I bought my V3.5 Diver from Toro, I confirmed with him beforehand if I am getting a brand new guaranteed swiss movement. He assured me that I would.

Since you are paying over $160 extra for a Swiss ETA over the Asian ETA in a diver, one would expect that they are giving you the real thing....

If any member who bought one with a swiss heart & opened the caseback for whatever reason, could confirm here, it'd be great..thanks

• 2 weeks later...