When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blue Paint Color

omgiv

You could try a WTB for a DOA movement and swap plates

Or contact one of the modders or guys on here that play about ...they may be able to help

Out of interest though ....Rep screws are painted not heat treated and most gens now even use a different method using chemical teatment as its cheaper...

Quality swiss screws are nickel plated which needs to be removed before heating so an easy way to judge the difference between a painted screw and a heated screw is the slot of the screw will not blue like the head as it still has a nickel coating on it...its too fiddly to remove

A painted screw is fully blue slot and all...of course the tone and finish of the blue is different .... the chemical process is a dfferent tone and finish too

Some guys do DIY heat treat the rep or cheap screws as they are just polished SS not nickel plated so again you can see the difference in the shade and finish

The Rep PAM screws are an easy tell

Edited by PeteM

Thanks for the tip PeteM. I might do a wtb ad and see what happens.

I have actually done some bluing of parts myself. It is really fun to do. I have been able to blue screws with the slot staying polished (without stripping the nickel). Removing the nickel plating from the screw before trying to blue it would give a uniform look. It just has to be repolished after removing the nickel.

Thanks again!!!!

Thanks for the tip PeteM. I might do a wtb ad and see what happens.

I have actually done some bluing of parts myself. It is really fun to do. I have been able to blue screws with the slot staying polished (without stripping the nickel). Removing the nickel plating from the screw before trying to blue it would give a uniform look. It just has to be repolished after removing the nickel.

Thanks again!!!!

Thats what I meant mate because of that difference between head and slot they are easy to spot...they dont remain polished they react differently so finish between them is different ..its one way but of course the overall finish and look of the proper heated method is never the same as rep or DIY look

Good luck mate :)