When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first 6152/1!

jbetts1790

Just finished a major overhaul of my 6152/1 build this morning (originally built in January).  The Arnex movement I had wasn't keeping good time, so I decided to swap in a Hamilton I hadn't used yet, and I just bought another Hammy for the gold hands!  Meanwhile, I had a spare movement holder I sanded to fit the 917, and ordered upgraded parts from NW.  Since the hands are in good condition, I left the watch to look NOS (still shiny).  The only possible future plans would be adding a plexi, doing a little reshaping, and maybe engravings.  I'm also thinking of ordering a new Malio strap, but can't decide which one!

On to the specs and photos!

- Jackson "new" 6152/1 case
- Southy dial
- 1939 Hamilton 917 (serviced by Neuhausen) with original 18k hands
- NW brass tube & crown
- NW crown guard
- NW display back
- Donerix vintage horse saddle strap w/ modified buckle (for now)

BAS_5120w_zps3ab5c676.jpg
BAS_5136w_zpsc531cf4c.jpg
BAS_5179w_zpsbc5cca18.jpg
BAS_5192w_zps940694d9.jpg

Looks nice mate

Looks like you did some refinishing on the CG too? ;)

I am not sure about the hands for me I mean...it could be the pics but they seem lost on the dial..though the dial is lovely :)

Defo think the plexi would really lift the watch but I am a sucker for the higher and I like the strap as it is.... but I would also like either a reddish brown or Egyptian on it too with that dial..

Those 917s are so good looking.... even better in the hand..I just get mesmorised by the wheel decoration

Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks for the comments!  The hands reflect a lot more in regular light; I had a difficult time trying to capture that in a photo because the stock crystal reflects so much...  I do have Q24 and Q25 plexi's in my parts that I would like to swap, but I don't know if either plexi fits in the stock bezel?

I'm considering a Malio 74 strap, but have hestitated because I've never spent that much on a strap!

The Q25 will fit the new jackson 6152-1 case mate... but some need a little sanding but only a fraction

If I were you try going to one of the cheaper strap makers there are loads out there... and quality can still be great :)

Edited by PeteM

The Q25 will fit the new jackson 6152-1 case mate... but some need a little sanding but only a fraction

If I were you try going to one of the cheaper strap makers there are loads out there... and quality can still be great :)

Cool, thanks for the info.  When I get the new case ring, I will attempt swapping out the stock glass for a nice plexi!  I ended up ordering straps from Malio and B-uhr this weekend, so will update when those come in.  Meanwhile, I snapped a couple more photos today, that show the hands slightly better:

BAS_5246w_zps53bf6de1.jpg
BAS_5239w_zpsea89b509.jpg