When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tw Best Seadweller....beater Watch.

flavor flav

i know i never post about rolex. i'm more of a pam fan but i for some reason like this seadweller i have. i wear it to do yardwork, ride dirt bikes, the stuff you don't do with your best watch you know? it's an old TW best swiss model. i replaced the bracelet with a non-sel type. am i correct in thinking the era with holes in the case had hollow end links? anyway i like the look better. i ordered a new bezel insert form ebay ROLEX INSERT i'm hoping it fits as the mine is really scratched and the pearl looks like dump. i want to know some opinions how to make this look more accurate.....crown...crown gaurds...case thickness....ect. how does it look and what does it need? i'm a rolex rep newbie. i had a gen sub and from that i can tell this crown is too big but i don't know where to start. i don't care about lume as it's an older model and a gen this age wouldn't have great lume anymore anyways.

154216-14119.jpg

154216-14120.jpg

154216-14121.jpg

154216-14122.jpg

154216-14123.jpg

154216-14124.jpg

The TW SD is a great beater watch. I have two of them. A EL and a MBW. Did the CG's, bezel insert and left them alone. No use for me going any further because of the bad HE valve that screams "FAKE" for both watches. I use them both for goofing around. Water sports, yard stuff ect. I dont think they would take the constant pounding a serious dirt bike ride would produce. I have doused mine with gas (over filled a boat by accident) dunked them in salt water and treated them fairly rough. They are fun watches for sure and I hope that they can get the HE valve thing down as I think a lot of members would buy it. Take care, John.