When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Patek 5054

Thor

Hihi everyone, its my first time here and I need some enlightment.

Question:

Does a replica differ that much compare to original or am i looking at different version?

This is the original Patek 5054

507-7939.jpg

And this is what i'm getting from eddie.

http://www.photoshow.net/220ss/favorites (Check out the Patek 5054 display)

Is there two different version of 5054?or did eddie put the wrong tag on the watch?

Thanks Guys,

Phoenix

Exellent question :happy:

This is the insides of a 5054. Take a good look at the exquisite moon phase dial.

507-7940.jpg

g. :beer:

this rep comes closest to you picture:

507-7941.jpg

pic kindly barrowed from narikaa

regards,

Job

I have the "Patek 5054" rep you guys are talking about, and AFAIK it's a fantasy. The caseback says it's a 5052.

Wait,

So does this mean The patek 5054 on eddie photoshow list is actually 5052?not 5054?That he just name it wrongly?

Whats the best patek replicas you guys have encountered so far and whos the seller?:)

I can see that eddie makes really good iwc rep:)

I don't see what diffwerence it makes what the back says when the dial has a day/night indicator instead of the unreppable moon-phase indicator--people who don't know how high end watches work won't be able to see ANY of the flaws. Everyone who does will take a look at the Mr. Happy Sun and know istantly you're sporting a rep. What's engraved on the back matters.

EDITED: BTW, both watches might be 5054's--pateks signature perpetual calandar--the one w/ the power reserve being the newest model, although the gen is probably a minute repeater judging by the big button on the left hand side of the case.

true, day/night indicator SCREAMS fake.

there are however reps which carrys true moonphase (or atleast a 31 day moonphase) which is stil better then day/night

Eddie's model # is incorrect. The 5054 is not a repeater, it has a case back that opens. In the pictures, the side attacment is actually a hinge to open the display back. See below. The 5054 came out at the same time as the 5059 (about 7-8 years ago). The problem with most of the Patek reps is that they are way too big. A real 5054 is 35mm, the reps are 40mm+.

Regards.

The best Patek out there in terms of quality, feel, and correctness is the Patek Nautilus that River carries.

Eddie's is a fantasy. I have the Patek catalogue for 2006 in front of me, and the closest one his comes to probably is Ref. 5146, which is an annual calendar with power reserve, and a date window.

The one from Narikaa is the closest rep of this model, but the problem is, it doens't have the flip case back like the original, and the power reserve markings are incorrect.

And the picture the OP posted is Ref, 5054, which has been discontinued. Calibre 240 PS IRM C LU is being discontinued, hence the 3712 Nautilus is discontinued too, and is going for ridiculous prices.

Most Patek reps stink, only a few Aquanauts and one Nautilus is acceptable. Some flaws still are major, such as the Aquanaut having wrong hands, wrong markers, and the dials on most Aquanaut reps lack 3D effect, and the number markings are printed on most, compared to metal numbers on the genuines.

Another warning, the only Nautilus that is acceptable is River's version. King's version and such looks good, but the major flaw is, the roman numerals are upside down.

But don't worry. 99% of the population can't tell a Patek from a pancake anyways.