When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

CrPo Swiss ETA, hybrid or Asian Eta?

sputim

• 1 month later...

Still waiting on mine to arrive before I can be sure however it seems that movement is unlikely to be a new ETA, more likely an older one that may/may not have undergone a refurb (with Chinese parts). Either way I think (hope) a service will return it to as-new condition meaning it'll work well for several years.

B3nj4min3 did your crpo arrive and any news about the movement? Mine is now running flawlessly since two months and accuracy aswell as powerreserve is outstanding!

Thanks

Hi sputim, it did thanks and I've been wearing it for the past couple of days, bar one to see how it is in terms of accuracy.

Comparing it with another ETA movement, albeit a 7750, I can see that the finish looks a little dull and possibly a little dirty. I can't focus in close-enough to show the markings however it does certainly look like a gen ETA (cannot judge if it is all Swiss or a hybrid without opening it up) but it's most likely an older one, much like several members have pointed out/predicted.

In terms of accuracy (bear in mind I haven't properly measured the accuracy, rather just checked periodically to see if it differed much compared with a regular quartz watch), the watch seems to be tracking well. The power reserve also seems to be doing a good job overnight and for the one day I didn't wear it.

So far, I have few complaints regarding the movement itself. The only thing I will do fairly soon is to send it to Rolexman for a service to provide peace-of-mind running for the next few years at least.

All-in-all, I'd recommend the watch. The movement appears to be a used gen ETA 2824-2.

post-54684-0-53614100-1370531934_thumb.j

post-54684-0-74495400-1370531947_thumb.j