When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona DW Spinmaster Tips Please

paneraiguy

Hi guys, well just got my Daytona today and "WOW" what a watch.<br />First time I have had a chrono, especially a expensive one.<br /><br />Any tips on the proper way to wind, how many times, do they have a slip mech so you don't overwind?<br />Any tips/tricks on owning this bad boy would be really great!<br />Now for a pic....post-5558-136566256533.jpg<br /><br /><br />Sent from SUNRAY MINOR

Spin usually remove the  auto winding mechanism, then you need to wind it daily about 30 turns.

5 mins per hour is too fast and some say it's beyond regulating! If you plan to keep the watch, have it serviced....MD2020 does an excellent job for a very good price if you're stateside. Domi is your European goto

guy. Can't remember where Rolexman is from, but I believe he also does service!

If Spin serviced the watch, then something is wrong, you might wanna let him know. Also, is that your dial or Spin provided it? You notice that you have a few missing hour markers???? This was typical of DW dials,

I had a couple like that.

Good luck!

Actually you may be right regarding that magnetizing, the seller did say the shipping may do that. I brought the watch as a DW Spinmaster watch, it apparently has a new serviced movement, which I don't doubt, because the seller is a fantastic guy so no reason to distrust there. <br />I have emailed Rolexman to ask if he may re-service it and give it the fix it needs.<br /><br />How do you de-magnitize a watch?<br /><br />Thanks guys, it was a big investment, so want to get it right as it will be my daily watch.<br />Cheers<br /><br /><br />Sent from SUNRAY MINOR

Spin usually remove the auto winding mechanism, then you need to wind it daily about 30 turns.

5 mins per hour is too fast and some say it's beyond regulating! If you plan to keep the watch, have it serviced....MD2020 does an excellent job for a very good price if you're stateside. Domi is your European goto

guy. Can't remember where Rolexman is from, but I believe he also does service!

If Spin serviced the watch, then something is wrong, you might wanna let him know. Also, is that your dial or Spin provided it? You notice that you have a few missing hour markers???? This was typical of DW dials,

I had a couple like that.

Good luck!

Yeh your right, geez didn't see that there were hour markers missing, it was sold as a vintaged dial done by Spin.

Also all mods were done by spin, however I don't know how long ago.

Sent from SUNRAY MINOR

I think it looks good even with the missing markers, it gives it that real vintage look. I really think that the Movt is magnitized try buying a demagnitizer and run the entire watch through it, or take it to a jewler shop that repairs watches.and they sholdent be able to help.

Yeh I do like the look, I think it makes it more " Gen original " look considering the real deal is now 43 years old!

Will take your advice first, if not, I'll PM you again! Lol

Sent from SUNRAY MINOR

How do you de-magnitize a watch?

Easiest way is to take the watch to a local watchmaker & have him demagnetize it. The process only takes a minute & some watchmakers will do this for free while you wait. No disassembly is required.

Alternatively, if you have a good, strong tape deck head demagnetizer (or video tape bulk eraser), you can use that. Simply, treat the watch as a tape head & follow the manufacturer's instructions (be careful not to scratch the crystal).

How do you de-magnitize a watch?

Easiest way is to take the watch to a local watchmaker & have him demagnetize it. The process only takes a minute & some watchmakers will do this for free while you wait. No disassembly is required.

Alternatively, if you have a good, strong tape deck head demagnetizer (or video tape bulk eraser), you can use that. Simply, treat the watch as a tape head & follow the manufacturer's instructions (be careful not to scratch the crystal).

Thanks Freddy, will do this morning, will be interesting to see what he says about the watch? Lol

Cheers

Sent from SUNRAY MINOR