When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I'm In Trouble

pivaro

I received a new thicker crown for the pam 111 (swiss movement , no swanneck , the one withe the engravings) and tried to switch them . I thought i succeeded but i can't wind the watch anymore .

When the crown is in windingposition it sets the time , when i put it in timeposition it still does the same (normal).

Watch is still running fine (won't be for much longer ,since i can't wind it ) . Does anybody know what is wrong ?

Help needed .

P.

ps i did turn the stem when first inserted and heard a winding noise followed by another unfamiliar noise after wich winding turned impossible . Did i break it ?

I received a new thicker crown for the pam 111 (swiss movement , no swanneck , the one withe the engravings) and tried to switch them . I thought i succeeded but i can't wind the watch anymore .

When the crown is in windingposition it sets the time , when i put it in timeposition it still does the same (normal).

Watch is still running fine (won't be for much longer ,since i can't wind it ) . Does anybody know what is wrong ?

Help needed .

P.

ps i did turn the stem when first inserted and heard a winding noise followed by another unfamiliar noise after wich winding turned impossible . Did i break it ?

Try pulling out the stem, then tightening the set screw, pushing in the stem to engage the set lever, then loosening the screw and re-inserting the stem. BTW, don't remove the set lever screw unless you want to uncase the watch, it holds the set lever in place. (oh, gently...)

Here's a diagram:

http://www.timezone.com/library/wglossary/...692644251157661

Try pulling out the stem, then tightening the set screw, pushing in the stem to engage the set lever, then loosening the screw and re-inserting the stem. BTW, don't remove the set lever screw unless you want to uncase the watch, it holds the set lever in place. (oh, gently...)

Here's a diagram:

http://www.timezone.com/library/wglossary/...692644251157661

Thanks a lot , cls , i got the lever engaged again and can wind now .Still not quiet there yet because i seem to be unable to fix the stem tight (i can pull it out even with the screw tightened) and find the right position to set the time . But i think in time i will get there .

Thanks again .

P.