When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Milguass GV Rep

Skrap

First off, howdy to all as I'm a noob to these forums, but an avid watch fan. I have a Gen Sub K series that I've owned for a while, but upon damaging it at the park with kids, I decided that I could a less expensive but nice watch for casual wear.

I really love the Milguass GV , but upon doing an Internet search, it appears there's a lot of negativity towards the replicas, especially with the green sapphire looking off. Anybody seen any improvement with any of your preferred dealers since those older post? I see the "1.1" models, but the glass accuracy is my biggest concern.

Thanks

Thomas

Hmm, darn. I really love that green crystal, if I would have seen that when I buying the sub, that might have been my watch instead.

The damage was from a tire swing with 100lbs of kids , which its chain caught the watch and ripped of the bezel much toy horror! I was able to replace the spring, and clean up and reinstall the bezel , and amazingly , the watch hardly shows a scratch. That 904 SS is crazy tuff.

Unless someone has seen an "improved " version of the Milguass GV, I may just get a clear version or maybe one of those ProHunter Reps. I look foward to any other feedback or ideas.

Edited by Skrap

Yeah, the green crystal is a looker that's for sure....there's been mods where folks have used ink/paint (can't remember) on a clear Clarks crystal around the edge and stuff like that, but I'm not too sure how gen that looks in real life - the best mod I've seen, but hardest due to the rarity of the crystal, is a gen gv crystal :)

Good to hear the sub wasn't too bad ;)

I have the clear crystal milgauss, and I like it ;)

Haven't really looked into the pro-hunters so can't comment there...

Thanks guys for the input. I'm glad I checked here first before I pulled the trigger. Maybe I should look for something different as a daily watch and save up for a Gen Milguass GV or wait at least for a better quality rep model. This is Rolex needs to keep doing do to keep up interest in the genuine models, make them ultra difficult to reproduce, and therefore more desirable.

Maybe I'll shoot for a Daytona or Day Date rep or plain vanilla black face Millguass with a clear lens.

I figured the Daytonas were probably not too reliable.

I did see that Miskieped had a nice SS Daytona with a Swiss 7750 movement in it, which I know is found in a lot of expensive watches, but the watch is 8+ years old, and I'm wondering if there's been a lot of improvement in rep manufacturer in the last 8 years for the case, band, material quality etc. I would like a quality rep with a realistic and reliable movement, and don't mind paying a little extra.

• 10 months later...

I just bought a gen crystal for my milgauss cost me a Fortune and its hard to get since rolex really keep a close eye on their green crystal produktion but my watchsmith Got one for me but did cost me 650 dollars and get a Real swiss movement in it for 250dollars i didnt get the lume done which i forgot i really regret that haha :)

• Like 1

Yeah mate but i first gotta hit home first im in Alaska atm artic warfare training :)

Some smart People tell me i need to know how a jet react in exstreme cold weather pfffff........... [censored] that i Saw topgun 80times ;)