When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How do you remove the Bezel insert on a CrPO ? I want to paint/protect it

chunky

Hi All.

I've been lurking in the background for some time and really enjoying the content and overall the supportive nature of RWG !

So I have gone ahead and ordered the 45mm CrPO black with orange digits - And I have also seen a number of posts that have highlighted issues with the digits rubbing off of the ceramic bezel.

There is one post already that covers the painting process - But to do this, I would need to remove the insert first.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a How-To perform the removal ?  Or maybe post some directions ???

I have a toolkit arriving soon - Which will have the blade/knife for removing case backs - So I'm hoping I need to find where on the bezel to insert and leverage it off.

And what are the best steps to heat the metal ?  What would be too hot ???

Lots of questions - But really looking forward to my new toy !

Can't help you with removing the bezel, but I took the insert out of my V2 proplof using a heat gun on the low setting and finger cots to grip it as I slowly turned the insert in the bezel to loosen it. Be real careful as I believe they crack easily. Good Luck!

So I confirmed writhe the dealer today that I accepted the QC pics.

I wonder if a hairdryer would do the trick of heating it up nicely ??

Any more suggestions on how to remove the bezel anyone?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk HD

The CPO bezels are a bugger to try get off. I have been using a standard rubber bezel remover for all old V5 PO's, and it never failed me once. But I could not remove the bezel on the cpo with it. I just gave up as I really didn't need to remove the bezel, just wanted to have a look at construction.

Two options, old xacto knife method for removing bezels, tape up sticking in in the base and work way around. Can be dodgy if you slip. And the other is decase the internals and pop out the crystal and then you have full access to the insert, it's easy remove from there.

I think the full strip down would be the way to go then.

So lets hope that the print/paint holds up - and if not then I can look to source a replacement bezel from the dealer and trawl through ebay for the extra tools to remove saphire/glass - And while I'm at it replace it with something better.

Thanks for the feedback !