When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help with gen vs rep Hublot

ceejay

I need to be able to spot a gen vs rep Hublot by next weekend and looking at the most recent versions I am a little stumped?

Have all the movement issues been addressed, rotor engraving, fine adjuster, font size, centre rotor?

Any other glaring differences common to the popular rep models?

Cheers

This has been addressed before, do a search.

I know because I just searched for the same thing 2 days back.

Without going into details, the present generation Hublot is very close to gen on the wrist.

The datebox is closer to the middle of the dial on pretty much ALL of the Hub reps, look at the gen and compare it.
Otherwise the overall finish on the sub 400$ mark, they look "cheap" and fake.

And then ofcourse there is the tell for almost all but the best reps out there, regardless of brand.

Look at the crystal from a very steep angle, almost flat.
If you can still see the dial CLEARLY and the rehaut, then you are off to a good start.
The clasp can be a tell on many, as is the general finish of the bracelets/bands. (Metal bracelets tend to have sharper edges, and a little too big or too small gaps between the links.)

Find out the weight of the gen, and weigh the rep = pretty solid tell. 

(Gen is heavier.)

This has been addressed before, do a search.

I know because I just searched for the same thing 2 days back.

Without going into details, the present generation Hublot is very close to gen on the wrist.

Thanks for the reply, I did of course try the search which brought up all the old differences which I have pointed out in my first post.

Please let me know the search term you used to get the latest differences.

Cheers

The hublots most closest to gen are the V6, taking a look at a non-V6 movement will be the first glaring thing you notice. Only xx number of V6 models exist, find out what they are, and if the piece you're looking at isn't a v6, theres a chance it could be gen. If it could be a V6, look out for the fat H on the chrono hand, the date window being much closer to the centre as said above, RG and platnium Hubs are heavier in the gen, and SS reps are lighter than gen