When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

gen dial 16800

username here

I've been working to get a 16800 franken finished.  Gen parts are: long cornet dial, crystal, crown/tube, DW, insert and clasp, so it's a serious franken.  I started down the road of using a yuki movement because I didn't want to clip the dial feet of the gen dial. Should I worry about that- or just do it and install an ETA?

Gen serviced will be the ideal choice but a serviced Yuki is just as good. My y3135 has been running strong at +/-6 seconds a week for the past 6 months.

By the way, I cannot let You clip the feet of that dial. Its just too nice a gen dial to do so. :)

If you use the yuki 3135, you need the ST3135 case- right E?

If you use a gen 3035, you need the ST3035 case.

Don't know if you can find the right datewheel if you use the y3135. Some early 16610s had a DW with open 6s and 9s, but those are long gone for the most part.

3035 and 3135 DWs run in opposite directions.

@Alli,

Yes, you are correct, however, you can always modify the 3035 case to make the y3135 fit. The stem alignment is not the issue. The DW dilema, I am so willing to do a group buy for the open 6/9 DW with the 3135 orientation. Specially if gen construction.  I have a gen 3035 date wheel that I don't/Can't use. The other one is actually a 3135 DW with open 6/9 and rounded 3s, but i have to work on the fitment to the y3135 movement. Finals are done this week and i will be able to catch up on builds and some comparisons I wanted to do. 

Gen serviced will be the ideal choice but a serviced Yuki is just as good. My y3135 has been running strong at +/-6 seconds a week for the past 6 months.

By the way, I cannot let You clip the feet of that dial. Its just too nice a gen dial to do so. :)

ha!  that's why it's got the clone in it now!  I'm still thinking about a gen movt . . .