When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Frankening a GMT IIc

gtanak

i gave up on rollies aft selling my final pc a WM9 V2 16610, but i can't get the GMT IIc outta my mind...

Tried searching but no prices popped up. Can anyone advise fair value for a gen dial, gen bezel (not insert) and gen crown/tube? Also anyone knows how a CHS mvmt can still be sourced? Any donor watches from dealers?

Saw on ebay dials going for $300 and bezels $5-700!

the guy to talk to about this is sneed12. He is the king of the GMT IIc builds. He knows which case will take a genuine bezel assembly ( all of them won't!!) AFA gen parts, they are pretty scarce and expensive,but if you can find the right case,CHS movement, a gen bezel assembly w/ insert, dial and crystal, you will have one heck of a GMT.

Yeah this was put together before the new sneed case came about. Regardless, it's stellar as once the gen insert and dial go on, you'd hardly notice the bezel.

I have 2 crazy gmt 2Cs equipped with gen dials and inserts. One is with the CHS, and the other was procured from concepta and came with a corum 2893 movement. 

And guess what, i've another gen bezel and insert, and a few 2893s hanging around waiting for something to be done! I must be nuts. 

Yeah this was put together before the new sneed case came about. Regardless, it's stellar as once the gen insert and dial go on, you'd hardly notice the bezel.

I have 2 crazy gmt 2Cs equipped with gen dials and inserts. One is with the CHS, and the other was procured from concepta and came with a corum 2893 movement.

And guess what, i've another gen bezel and insert, and a few 2893s hanging around waiting for something to be done! I must be nuts. [/quote

How did he get the 2893 to fit. I sent my GMT IIC up to ziggy a couple of years ago, he told me that fitting that movement created too many compromises, and he wouldn't so it. I know couple of guys on the forum did the 2893 swap, but they all said "never again" In actuality, the 2893 really only gives you a more reliable movement,it's still ICHS.

I have a gen bezel/insert and gen crustal in mine, it needs a better dial and the CHS movement, maybe some day I'll get it completed,if the right parts come along.

• 1 month later...