When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch mods recommendation?

azuri7

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a watch modder on rwg that does good work? That they've used before that's reputable? I was looking to replace my mvmt, new bezel, and proper caseback.

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a watch modder on rwg that does good work? That they've used before that's reputable? I was looking to replace my mvmt, new bezel, and proper caseback.

Hi where are you based ? I'm from Singapore and I does more on supernova relume mods and movement mods/replacement. Email me at SGrepwatches@live.com for pictures of my work

Before you select a modder, figure out exactly what you want in terms of mods.

"Proper" caseback doesn't mean anything. What's wrong with the one you have? Where are you going to source a proper one? How will you ensure it fixes whatever flaw your current caseback has? Do you know if it will fit your case?

Why do you want to do a movement swap? They are pretty easy if you're going to the same movement, much harder or impossible if you're trying to go to a different movement.

What do you mean by "new bezel"? The bezel itself or just an insert? Where are you going to source a replacement part?

sneed - Caseback is not very accurate to this model.  Any idea where I can "source" the correct one for this model?  Anyone do this on rwg?  Parts dealer/seller?  I have a thread about the one I'm looking for posted here: http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/159344-omega-caseback-41mm/

the below pic is the caseback I'm currently trying to replace

I was introduced to MD2020, very nice and reputable.  I'll be needing to replace my current garbage Asian 21J mvmt to a 25J mvmt.  He's doing that for me.  I meant bezel insert, not bezel, thanks for the correction.  I'm new to posting on here, sorry if I was unclear, just starting to learn the lingo  B)

If you could provide info on where to source my bezel insert and caseback or who I could PM that would be helpful.  Thanks

post-46767-0-51960800-1368797003_thumb.j

sneed - Caseback is not very accurate to this model.  Any idea where I can "source" the correct one for this model?

It's an Omega, so you can source a gen caseback if you like. The question then becomes, will it fit the case you have?

I'll be needing to replace my current garbage Asian 21J mvmt to a 25J mvmt.  He's doing that for me.

Yeah, those terms still don't mean anything. "Asian 21j" as used here refers to at least three different models of movement, and there are at least 3 different 25j movements I can think of off the top of my head, and the ETA 28xx movements have come in 17 and 25 jewel variants.

And if you're talking about the most common swap (a DG2813 for an ETA 28xx) you'll need hands, and you'll either have to cut the dial feet or source a new dial, and a stem. The 21j to ETA or clone swap has been discussed to death here.

Like I said, it's in your best interest to learn exactly what you want done before you start paying people to do it.

As an aside: I hate the new way that quote boxes work, it's really hard to split someone's quotes up