When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sea-Dweller DeepSea Bezel Pearl Help/Info Needed

yousif1980

Hello folks,

I have an issue with my SDDS that i purchased from Trusty a while back.  The watch is great, feels awesome, and keeps very good time.  However, the pearl on the bezel fell off and Im not sure how to go about fixing this.  I know I can get a new bezel from andrew but there is always a chance that it doesnt fit.  i lived that scenario with my Panari.  Do you guys know how I can source a replacement pearl?

You're help is much appreciate,

Fady

I attache d a pic of the watch too

post-27939-0-29784600-1369502349_thumb.j

Email Trusty about it.

I had the same issue, he sent me a replacement.

Then i used epoxy to install it (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004WKIHD6/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1).

Try the pearl first if it fits. I had to use a tiny drill to make hole in the insert a bit bigger and clean the remaining old glue.

Don`t use superglue just in case you need to replace the pearl again. 

Thanks Deckard, very useful info, I emailed Andrew and I'll wait and see what he says, worst case scenario, I get the ceramic insert.  Is the insert easy to pop out?

I'll wait on any other mods for now.  Does anyone know how much a gen pearl costs? it wouldnt be a bad idea to replace it with a real one :)!!

I also lost the pearl. From  my sub that I bought from Andrew and after contacting him about this he sent me a new pearl with pearl  bezel at no charge. I took it to a local jeweler who replaced it with a small amount  of glue and it has been working  great ever since.  Andrew will do anything he can to make sure his customers are happy. Just contact him with all info about your watch and I'm sure he will be glad to help you.