When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

007 Planet Ocean And Mickey Mouse Planet Ocean

andresmuro

Instead of the 007 planet oceans, I think that a mickey Mouse, Pluto, Batman, Joker or Cat woman planet ocean or sub would be really cool. Now, a mickey mouse sub would be soemthing that show originality.

Could anyone here custom make a mickey mouse noob or planet ocean? I'll be willing to buy one of those.

Andres

I never understood those to be honest. I mean, unless you have a cartoon fetish or are the producer of any of those movies/cartoons or the owner of disneyland...why would ya want one (on a gen). I mean, its thousands of dollars and TO ME...makes it look like a rep or a 10 dollar gumball machine watch.

Instead of the 007 planet oceans, I think that a mickey Mouse, Pluto, Batman, Joker or Cat woman planet ocean or sub would be really cool. Now, a mickey mouse sub would be soemthing that show originality.

Could anyone here custom make a mickey mouse noob or planet ocean? I'll be willing to buy one of those.

Andres

Actually, I am talking about a rep. I would never wear $5000 on my wrist or anywhere else. I think that a sub replica with a cartoon character would be kinda ironic. Subs are suppossed to be the ultimate in macho and expesnive. I like the idea of saying: look, I pay $100 for the same watch that you are wearing and it looks the same as yours. Not only that, but mine has a cartoon character on the face and that's how I feel about your macho watch. I can also run, swim and dive faster and better than you with my $100 sub rep.

I really like the sub. However, i never hide the fact that mine is a replica. In fact, I proudly announce it.

Andres

Actually, I am talking about a rep. I would never wear $5000 on my wrist or anywhere else. I think that a sub replica with a cartoon character would be kinda ironic. Subs are suppossed to be the ultimate in macho and expesnive. I like the idea of saying: look, I pay $100 for the same watch that you are wearing and it looks the same as yours. Not only that, but mine has a cartoon character on the face and that's how I feel about your macho watch. I can also run, swim and dive faster and better than you with my $100 sub rep.

I really like the sub. However, i never hide the fact that mine is a replica. In fact, I proudly announce it.

Andres

Ah ha! Gotcha, that makes much more sense :)

I know theres a Corum watch or something with a Mickey Mouse on it, and the Omega with snoopy....something like that? Oh and theres Kermit on the Submarinr over at King.

Rolex made gen Mickey Mouse watches some years ago (not subs, date justs I think) and they sold for many thousands jst as you would expect.

I think the point is that MOST people don't put any meaning behind what watch they see peopel wearing. Someone here might think that they are making a statement with a watch (fake or gen) when in reality the only statement is being made to themselves, other peopel just don't care.

There are also certain segments of the population who may get a kick out of wearing such an expensive watch with a cartoon character on it. To them it says they do not take life seriously, yet they still can aford the best. To a lesser extent you see this a lot with the type of tie guys wear. Lots of very succesful people wear joke ties with Mickey Mouse or whatever on them... just to say that they have a sense of humor.

I must admit, there is something about a gen watch with a cartoon on it that kind of appeals to me. A FAKE watch with a cartoon makes no sense to me though. You see the gen states that you could buy anything you want but you CHOSE to buy this goofy thing and not be caught up in what people think of you. A fake with a cartoon just says that you are PRETENDING not to care, and that to me is even worse than pretending you do care.