When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM111 Dial Colour

Watch Guy

I purchased a Noob PAM111 v3, along with a Noob PAM005 not too long ago.  To me, the dial color of the 111 is not pure black as the 005 and appears to be grayish.   

Does anyone know if this is the standard coloration, or have I got a lemon?  On the Panerai web site, the 111 seems to be purer black, like the 005.

Many thanks,

Watch Guypost-34840-0-01604100-1370191969_thumb.jpost-34840-0-44901600-1370192012_thumb.j

Those aren't the best pics, but it should be blacker than that. It almost looks like a crystal/AR issue. Could it be?

Perhaps it is the crystal?  If so, is there an easy fix?  It is diving me nuts! Here are some additional pics...

post-34840-0-99372800-1370258968_thumb.jpost-34840-0-42853900-1370259140_thumb.j

Edited by Watch Guy

if it's not the xtal effect, then it's the dial......u gotta change one of them.....and taking pictures of these dials doesn't really emphasize the flaws of this kind.

Very interesting observation indywatchguy. Upon closer inspection! I think that you are possibly correct. The lettering on the dial seems off white and it could very well be a tobacco dial. Very bizarre!

Any suggestions on where to get a correct dial?

Many thanks

I've had both watches but h factory and it exhibits the same phenomenon. The 005 will stand out more  even when i switched  cases. I think it has something to do with the specific dial color and the sausage lume which can be more distinct at every angle.

Shown here is an h fact 005 and a 177

1341323849.jpg

How difficult would it be to switch the case with my 112, or am I better to take it to a repair shop?

Not too difficult. Remove 2 CG screws, remove case back, LIGHTLY disengage keyless works and remove crown, undo 2 movement holder screws, remove movement and swap. Put together in reverse order.

But how would this help? If the dial is off color, it will still be off color in a new case. And if it's the crystal, you'll then have a foggy 112

Watch Guy - I have both of the same models, and upon further inspection my 005 does appear to have a deeper black to the dial, but not as extreme as what your pictures indicate. Could be your crystal is exaggerating the issue as suggested.

I think there might be another problem with your 111, that I am surprised has not been brought up yet. It appears that your 111 has the flawed 111 dial that was discovered back in Dec. The number 2 in the 12 has the wrong shape as does the 3.

Here is a link that describes the flaws in more detail:

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/pcteam-warning-dial-125655p2.html

Depending on which TD you bought the watch from, you should be able to contact the TD about getting a replacement dial.