When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rosegold (RG) Daytona

folex

Hi Guys,

I noticed that there have not been any post regarding the RG Daytona, maybe its somewhat unpopular? Despite that, It seems like an interesting piece, but I am unfamiliar with the accuracy of this RG version. The @6 has its regular flaws, but just want to know if anyone has a RG version out there they'd like to share about. I'm referring to this FYI:

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_6&products_id=9767

Let us know what you have. Itd be nice sharing ;)

Thanks

I have one. In general, it was worth the investment - it's really a head-turner, particularly with the ladies.  It looks very expensive.  People ooh and ahh.  It might be a problem if the crowd knows Rolex - it stands out.

Not many flaws, but there are some.  Personally, I think the dial is slightly off color-wise.  The first one I had (sent back for a flaw) had a definite purple tint, especially in fluorescent light.  The new one is less so.  I compared it to a gen in an AD (in the display window), and the newer one's dial still was a little more pink/purplish, but the display lighting was only on the gen.  But it still looks off to me.

FIt and finish is OK, but the spring-loaded part of the clasp doesn't really snap closed, it just sits there. It's probably fixable, but since it's gold plated I won't be messing with it.  Once you flip over the other part it's fine.  

The "ceramic bezel" is actually just a thin snap-on cap over the actual bezel, and it places if you turn it sideways and look real close, it doesn't fit exactly - little gaps along the edge.  Almost loupe stuff.

Strap is just awful.  Like the old Panerai rep straps.  Worst thing about it.  I went aftermarket immediately.

Not all that worried about the sec@6 issue.  Wear it only about once a week.

I have one. In general, it was worth the investment - it's really a head-turner, particularly with the ladies.  It looks very expensive.  People ooh and ahh.  It might be a problem if the crowd knows Rolex - it stands out.

Not many flaws, but there are some.  Personally, I think the dial is slightly off color-wise.  The first one I had (sent back for a flaw) had a definite purple tint, especially in fluorescent light.  The new one is less so.  I compared it to a gen in an AD (in the display window), and the newer one's dial still was a little more pink/purplish, but the display lighting was only on the gen.  But it still looks off to me.

FIt and finish is OK, but the spring-loaded part of the clasp doesn't really snap closed, it just sits there. It's probably fixable, but since it's gold plated I won't be messing with it.  Once you flip over the other part it's fine.  

The "ceramic bezel" is actually just a thin snap-on cap over the actual bezel, and it places if you turn it sideways and look real close, it doesn't fit exactly - little gaps along the edge.  Almost loupe stuff.

Strap is just awful.  Like the old Panerai rep straps.  Worst thing about it.  I went aftermarket immediately.

Not all that worried about the sec@6 issue.  Wear it only about once a week.

Thanks alot Mr. EMM :) Its very helpful!