When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TT blue dial sub,

Thor

Page 1:

hey all, tell me your opinions on this. I think the CG are spot on, but what do i know

513-7920.jpg

I think you have found honpo's webpage.

Me thinks this the back door way to say " Who has the best sub?"

Yes, yes, we know how has it....

its basically the one EL and river now sell, im not asking who has the best. but i wanna know what u all ting abt this compared to trustys, pt, lucky, and genuine, etc, cheers

One of the best I've seen. Excellent pearl.

Still, it looks like a fake with capital F. I think the TT Sub is impossible to replicate properly. Cgs are close but not "spot on". The plated brass gold will never look and feel like the real thing. If the bracelet is like in the old reps (as it seems) it won't pass as a genuine to ANY even remotely experienced watch guy/jeweler.

Great looking watch though.

PS: The blue dial in genuine seems to be impossibe to replicate for the rep factories. If you absolutely need a rep of this watch go for the black one.

513-7921.jpg

bytor, is that genuine u posted?

see the thing with me, is i just wanna get the best out of box TT. im not planning on MOds, etc.

So if u were to have the same goal as me, is this the one u would buy - i ask this to all you? cheers

Yep it's a genuine picture I posted. I would buy the MBW/River/EL TW cased version - or the one you just posted. But definitely NOT the blue version. The blue dial color and color depth scream FAKE.

I desperately wanted a great rep of the TT Sub, too... and I briefly owned the TW cased River version (blue dial) and one from Joshua (black dial). Both very nice (check my signature link) but... there's always the "but".

This watch just cannot be repped properly. The bracelet looks very nice in the pictures but feels utterly PATHETIC - and sometimes even tarnishes very easily. It's brass/fake gold and feels light as a feather. I would advice you to stay away from this and buy a stainless steel Submariner or a Omega SMP... both are million times more convincing. Or then invest to a real 18K gold bracelet ($400 - $600) and hope that the gold color matches the bezel and crown.

I learned my lesson... these just didn't cut it for me. I'll stay away from the TT Rolexes from now on.

Yeah, this is the first rep I ever wanted but ending up skipping it alltogether after learning about all the problems bytor mentioned.

In order to do a TT blue you need to have it modded (CG's Bezel insert, etc) , add a genuine dial ($250-$300) just for the dial,

add a real gold aftermarker bracelet ($300-$400) plus probably have the bezel ring replated in more believeable tone of gold since you can't add a genuine bezel to a rep sub.

Its a major project to create a really good rep of this one, you'd probably have $1200 - $1500 invested by the time your done.

hell with it, im just gonna have my pops buy a real one for himself, LOL, he can afford it,

Thats why you see so many SS/Black Subs around here, less money, more accurate,

gold is just a tough way to go on any replica, even if its the right color, it will never be heavy enough.

Why not get him a SS/Black or an LV, How about a Pepsi GMT ? Lots of good choices that aren't quite that expensive.

the man loves the blue and gold. He has a bulova right now that has the same design, (diving watch, blue dial gold bezel). problem wit getting him a 7100 dollar watch is he will misplace it, he has to take it off during surgery and knowing him, it will disapear, thus my pursuit of a nice replica.

Get him a Invicta 9938.

513-7922.jpg

Thats a sharp watch, cool photo, did you take it?

No, not my photo. It's found from the Web (Google image search).

Page 2:

The Invicta with the correct fluted bezel is impossible to get - Invicta had to change the bezel design to look like the Omega Seamaster bezel 'cause Rolex got after them.

Vdub- like I told you before on TRC, get a good blue TT Sub from whomever and send it to RBJ for mods - you won't believe how it will look.

yeah, i think i ve prob decided on this new EL version.