When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Needed: O-ring For Noobmariner

Pugwash

I recently removed by Noobmariner caseback to take a photo of the movement to show people what it was like inside and, when putting the caseback back on, the O-Ring got mangled.

So, I need two things: an O-Ring for a 16610 Sub and some grease for the ring. What size do I need and are these easy enough to get in the EU?

Thanks to Narikaa, I now have all the caseback tools in the world.

Just to make it a worthwhile post, here's the pic:

155682-13798.jpg

I may have one... I used most of my spare gaskets to put under the retaining rings on my MBWs, but I might have a few still in my watch box. If I do... Consider one yours, gratis!

Excellent! Home address PMed

You can even slip my 16610 in with it when you send it. You know which one. :Jumpy:

I recently removed by Noobmariner caseback to take a photo of the movement to show people what it was like inside and, when putting the caseback back on, the O-Ring got mangled.

So, I need two things: an O-Ring for a 16610 Sub and some grease for the ring. What size do I need and are these easy enough to get in the EU?

I have a Noobmariner O-ring you can have. PM me.

Edit: Looks like Ubi already came through.

I bought a small tube of silicone grease in the basement of BHV in Paris. Had to look a while but finally found it. It is a small 4 inch long tube (20 ml) blue front of tube and says Graisse Silicone. Domix brand name.

Works great. I put a small amount on my fingers and slide the o-ring through my fingers several times to apply light coating.

Usil

I bought a small tube of silicone grease in the basement of BHV in Paris. Had to look a while but finally found it. It is a small 4 inch long tube (20 ml) blue front of tube and says Graisse Silicone. Domix brand name.

Any idea what stall? Mrs Pugwash is off there this week. :D

Do you mean this one?

Maybe ... :Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy:

I have no idea, I wondered all over the basement looking at each rack that had tubes of stuff hanging on it. I would have to do the same thing if I ran out. In the end, I only found one that had the silicone grease. She can ask a store attendant and if they are helpful - maybe point her to it.

Usil

Puggy, I have one or two going spare too - don't want you mangling another now do we and torturing yourself with more pics of your dear departed 16610 ^_^

BTW when are you leaving Paris? My GF's sister also had enough of Paris life (the beauracracy, the dirt noise etc.) after 3 years and moving back at Xmas. GF is distraught at the all those 'shopping weekends' she will now miss. ^_^:whistling:

Still, I wish now I'd made the time to meet up with you and Ry in the summer when I was in town for a few weeks :(

BTW when are you leaving Paris? My GF's sister also had enough of Paris life (the beauracracy, the dirt noise etc.) after 3 years and moving back at Xmas. GF is distraught at the all those 'shopping weekends' she will now miss. ^_^:whistling:

April 2007, but I'll be possibly popping over every now and then for work. You know how it is. :D

• 2 weeks later...