When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch stopping.

Moffey

Hi, received a new CrUPO pumpkin 42mm last week from Andrew. It arrived quickly and I was impressed with the quality. However, the watch randomly stops during the day! I'm aware that there is a battery reserve limit, but this can sometimes happen at the end of the day when it's been on wrist for 8+ hours so I'd assume that it should be suitably charged. I don't really know what to do and wandered if anyone had experienced the same or had a solution? Thanks

Sorry to see you have issues with this one, I would definitely contact Andrew to let him know that there's a problem with it first, then it depends on whether you want to send it back to him or have one of the guys here have a look at it and as scotty says get it serviced, MD2020 here is a great watchsmith if your in the Conus area, pm him about it mate  ;)

Alex from RWI runs UK Watchmakers..

Hi guys, I am a UK based watchmaker and only accept work from the UK at this time. I work full time employed as a watchmaker and will be working on your watches in my spare time, as such I will be limited on the amount I can take on.

I offer full servicing on Asian 7750's (standard layout only + Watches with seconds at 9 and no hour/minute recorder. e.g pam 243, ETA 28xx’s, clone ETA 28xx’s, 6497s and most other Chinese movements such as DG 2813 etc. I was initially not going to accept 7750's until a little while later but I have had more requests for work on 7750's than anything else.

I also offer part repairs on the above listed movements. 

I do not offer any major mods such as lume, bezel insert swaps, case work etc however I am able to do work such as bracelet resizing, dial swaps etc. Just contact me with what you need doing and I will let you know if I can help.

Please take a look at my FAQ here before contacting me: http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/sho...es-139430.html

And my watchmaking blog (genuine watches) here: http://watchrepairblog.co.uk

Please contact me via email: ukwatchservices@gmail.com I will usually respond within 48 hours.

No PM’s please.

Thanks for looking at my section and I look forward to working on your watches.

Alex.

I tend to factor-in the cost of a service to any rep that I'm looking to buy. Once serviced, the watch will perform impeccably for many years (at least that what have come to understand). I'm actually going to be sending two new watches over to Rolexman at the end of July (he's got a fairly busy schedule) for a complete service of each. That way I'll have peace-of-mind running for several years to come. I've read that as long as the movement is serviced and regulated at the appropriate intervals you should have a very reliable and accurate movement for a fairly long time.