When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seawolf V2 Yellow ordered up from Trusty

B3nj4min3

I don't know if anyone else pointed this out, but the engravings on the inside of the clasp look to be rubbed off.

Ah, thank you for that. No one had pointed that out and I hadn't noticed it. Hopefully, in person, it isn't a huge issue (fingers crossed).

Ah, thank you for that. No one had pointed that out and I hadn't noticed it. Hopefully, in person, it isn't a huge issue (fingers crossed).

Dude, I wouldn't worry about it but my grey dial has the same issue on the inside of the clasp. I don't care and other than that it's 99% perfect other than the chincy-ish feel of the bracelet. I absolutely love this rep. 

The watch has arrived (delivery only took five days from QC pics being approved to watch landing on doorstep)!

All-in-all, it is, as others have said, effectively a "super-rep".

The only real flaw (which I hear is par for the course) is the slightly dodgy clasp.

Also, now that I'm looking closely at the pictures I see that the 12 o'clock marker is slightly crooked. Hmm...(not a big deal in the world of reps and I can always get it fixed if it ends up really bothering me).

Here are some pictures of the watch itself. My apologies for the grainy pictures (I should have taken these pictures when the light levels were better).

post-54684-0-92277800-1372451228_thumb.jpost-54684-0-07886800-1372451248_thumb.jpost-54684-0-55751500-1372451268_thumb.jpost-54684-0-18105100-1372451284_thumb.jpost-54684-0-90960300-1372451294_thumb.jpost-54684-0-61833400-1372451308_thumb.jpost-54684-0-55554000-1372451318_thumb.j

Congrats Ben! This beauty arrived safely (and super fast) at you, so wear her in good health! :)

Thanks mate. I always open the packages with slight trepidation in-case the watch is D.O.A however with Trusty's superb packaging the watch was well protected and looked as if it could handle pretty much anything!

The speed of the shipping time caught me by surprise as I hadn't expected to see the watch for another couple of days however it seems as if EMS really are that good!

Despite the fact that Trusty says the watch has been waterproofed to 30m I'm generally quite cautious due to the differences in tolerances in the reps. I inspected the crystal and bezel as best I could and all seemed well. The case back seemed tight and although I couldn't check the gaskets I decided to do a quick waterproofness test and dunked the watch into a barrel which is around three feet deep. I left it there (under static conditions) for 30 mins and later on took it into the shower with me. So far so good, no signs of moisture or condensation so I think I've got a keeper!  :clap2:

Hell, you dunked your brand new banana Seawolf into a barrel..?! You really have balls my friend! ;)

Seems that I'm much more scary, I'd never trust any saying of waterproofed by factory... But good to hear that your watch has passed your test and didn't get wet inside!

So you've the perfect watch for any pool party! :D

Hell, you dunked your brand new banana Seawolf into a barrel..?! You really have balls my friend! ;)Seems that I'm much more scary, I'd never trust any saying of waterproofed by factory... But good to hear that your watch has passed your test and didn't get wet inside!So you've the perfect watch for any pool party! :D

Lol, I know. I looked at the barrel (use it to test waterproofness of flashlights) and thought "why not". It was a risk but since there's no helium valve or chrono-pushers I just decided to just check the two obvious leak points. Since they looked good I thought I may as well take the risk.

I should point out that this was a static pressure test only, no dynamic testing was done (I didn't move the watch around alot whilst it was in the barrel). I would want to get it properly pressure tested first before I risked any pool parties, lol!

Congrats mate, great watch that feels great, really love mine. I thought maybe I had just lucked out and got a [censored] clasp, but it seems the whole batch is the same. I ended up ordering a new bracelet, the one that is from the latest super ocean 44 rep, cause I saw from reviews these have by far the best clasp and bracelet and same size. Just got it 2 days ago and its very good, closes perfectly and engraving is perfect.

wow -- just loving this watch... its got some real heft (just like the gen) .. 

thinking i'll keep in on the SS bracelet for a while ..

I haven't ever tried the gen however I think it surely can't be heavier than this.. The rep really does have that quality feel to it.

Likewise, I think I'll most likely keep it on the SS bracelet. It suits the watch well, only the clasp bugs me slightly.

Congrats mate, great watch that feels great, really love mine. I thought maybe I had just lucked out and got a [censored] clasp, but it seems the whole batch is the same. I ended up ordering a new bracelet, the one that is from the latest super ocean 44 rep, cause I saw from reviews these have by far the best clasp and bracelet and same size. Just got it 2 days ago and its very good, closes perfectly and engraving is perfect.

Thanks mate, appreciate it. Yeah, as soon as I tried the clasp I remembered your post and thought "we have another one". Hmm....interesting idea getting the SO bracelet. I may just do that in the near future.

Lol, I know. I looked at the barrel (use it to test waterproofness of flashlights) and thought "why not". It was a risk but since there's no helium valve or chrono-pushers I just decided to just check the two obvious leak points. Since they looked good I thought I may as well take the risk.

I should point out that this was a static pressure test only, no dynamic testing was done (I didn't move the watch around alot whilst it was in the barrel). I would want to get it properly pressure tested first before I risked any pool parties, lol!

when I had my grey dial wolf last year I had it pressure tested...it passed 100m no probs (the highest the machine could go) and that was straight from the box...they are fine reps, very accurate as is...agreed on the bracelet clasp being abit "off" so I had mine on a pro1 rubber strap-big bold watch, big bold strap with breitling emblazended across it!

I can see the 12 marker is ever so slightly off center...didn't you ask for a further qc pic of the dial front on but the td said no? you may have caught that if you had been given the extra pic...I hope the front on pic (which you pretty much always get in the qc process) wasn't left out on purpose...

anyway, fantastic piece you have there regardless! always loved these, I mean what a fantastic name for a watch- "the seawolf"!! named after a submarine I believe?

wear it well buddy!

when I had my grey dial wolf last year I had it pressure tested...it passed 100m no probs (the highest the machine could go) and that was straight from the box...they are fine reps, very accurate as is...agreed on the bracelet clasp being abit "off" so I had mine on a pro1 rubber strap-big bold watch, big bold strap with breitling emblazended across it!

I can see the 12 marker is ever so slightly off center...didn't you ask for a further qc pic of the dial front on but the td said no? you may have caught that if you had been given the extra pic...I hope the front on pic (which you pretty much always get in the qc process) wasn't left out on purpose...

anyway, fantastic piece you have there regardless! always loved these, I mean what a fantastic name for a watch- "the seawolf"!! named after a submarine I believe?

wear it well buddy!

Wow! That's great to hear. I know the watches vary from piece to piece however it's still promising that your SeaWolf (yeah, I love that name too!) managed to reach the maximum capacity of the pressure tester. Makes me wonder, assuming all the seals and gaskets are installed properly, how far could a Wolf rep be pushed...

The Pro1 rubber strap is a good idea and I'll keep it in mind for the future, thanks!

Hmm....yeah, the crooked 12 o'clock marker. I was wondering why I hadn't been supplied with a clear picture of the face and I think I may just have noticed the flaw had I been given it. I guess that's the nature of the rep-game. If that's the extent of the faults with this watch then I won't be too bothered. I don't believe it's a difficult fix either should I want to go down that route.

Thanks again for the kind words my friend. The watch looks gorgeous and certainly brings a smile to my face each time I look at it. If a watch can do that then I'm a happy man! :-)

Been considering stopping by the watch-repair shop downtown today and having them test the waterproofness of the watch .. -- i'm going to hawaii after the 4th of july holiday and this is going to be my pool/ocean watch .. so i' really hoping that its ready to go out the box.

Been considering stopping by the watch-repair shop downtown today and having them test the waterproofness of the watch .. -- i'm going to hawaii after the 4th of july holiday and this is going to be my pool/ocean watch .. so i' really hoping that its ready to go out the box.

That sounds like a great idea. Let us know how the watch fares with the testing, I'm really curious to know.

Also, enjoy your holiday! Hawaii sounds amazing!

Just got the sea wolf tested up to 3 bars.. passedThe guy at the store thought I was crazy for wanting it done

It may have been ok at more pressure but I only asked him to do 3 bars

3 bars is perfect for the everyday use we tend to place the watches under, from showers to pool parties to snorkelling. I think we really only need more for scuba diving.

With the improved quality of the reps come improved tolerances. I guess the only possible let down is the attention-to-detail from the people who put the pieces together in the factories. If they accidentally forget a gasket then there would be a problem.

Thanks for getting it tested and letting us know. I'll be getting mine properly tested fairly soon as well hopefully.

Ben..

how do you like the watch so far..

I'm loving it.. put on the panatime strap.. Looks good with it

Really liking it. It's a lovely watch and a very good rep indeed. I was wondering prior to receiving the watch whether-or-not I had made a mistake in going for the yellow dial as opposed to the Grey dial. However, having received, worn and admired the watch over the past few days I know I made it right decision. It stands out without being overly showy or gaudy. It's water-resistance is impressive (for a rep) and is exceptionally comfortable to wear. Even it's weight and thickness don't particularly bother me.

I wore the watch with a suit once and although this is definitely more sporty, the combination of the suit with this watch oddly worked. In saying that, this will still be my new go-to sports watch, whether I'm going for a round of golf or lounging about in a pool.

How about yourself? What are your thoughts on the watch? Would also be nice to see some pictures of it on the panatime strap.

Ben, you made a detailed review of the banana Seawolf and you wrote exactly what I'm thinking... :)

It's the perfect watch for a sporty outfit and casual wear, but it really works also when wearing suits! At least in the summer season...

I do find the quality of the rep amazing, it feels solid as a rock and even the lume is very good and bright; of course it doesn't last as long as we all are wanting to, but the initial brightness is impressive, best of all Breitling reps I own.

Winding is smooth, way smoother than the A7750 Chrono movements.

The only little(!!) drawback is the clasp - some sharp edges, and on the inner side of the small part of the clasp you can see some signs of the outside (laser?) engraving of the Breitling logo. Did some Cape Cod polishing on the inner side to remove this flaw...

As always for bracelets I strongly suggest to thread lock (Loctite blue) the screws of the bracelet links, otherwise these screws may/will fall out some day...

• Like 1