When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New user greetings and sweet yard sale finds from today!

Hey all! I wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

I've been perusing the site for some time now, totally digging Franken-just builds and all the info some of the members have supplied. Thanks to all who contribute, you have given me a world of info in a short amount of time.

I've already taken the plunge and purchased a few items on eBay like gen cases and dials at super cheap prices cause I am in no rush and love getting sweet deals. I've also picked up the necessities like movement clamps, rings, hands, and of course some tools.

So today I was out yard saling and I hit the mother load! I picked up three Swiss 25 jewel movements all in nice working condition and then, the very next yard sale, I snagged two Rolex sub replicas. One was quartz but the other had 22 jewels. Not the best copies but I was so excited to find some replics. After I came home I decided today would be the day I introduce myself and share my lucky finds, they are out there!

I do not profess to know much about watches, I am a total noob, but I will definitely post some future build pics and I hope to be able to contribute to the forum and pass along where I found some great posts that will help future members, so they can get inspired and enjoy their projects as much as I am right now!

Thanks for letting me ramble and its nice to be aboard. Enjoy the photos!

post-55168-0-32244200-1372034507_thumb.j

post-55168-0-72054800-1372034517_thumb.j

post-55168-0-66318500-1372034535_thumb.j

post-55168-0-80616300-1372034557_thumb.j

post-55168-0-95026700-1372034579_thumb.j

post-55168-0-05020100-1372034608_thumb.j

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums my friend, some nice finds there, well, a part from those subs.  They look terrible, and look at the coronet on the one, its growing like a beanstalk lol.