When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Calibre 16 Day Date

zeta

So, I pulled the trigger today on the Calibre 36 SS/SS.

Now, I want to buy something a bit more formal with a leather strap and I have my eyes on the Calibre 16 Day Date.

I am thinking of the black dial and bezel 

TAG0035SWB 

or brown dial/bezel

TAG0035SWF

Both are the same prices. I asked Andrew and he says the black is much nicer than the brown. But im kind of leaning over towards the brown.

There is a titanium version with black dial/bezel which is $40 more expensive but I do not like the titanium casing which is not shiny. However, the details say it has engineering bridges. Can anyone tell me what that is?

Sorry, I'm not allowed to post the links.

I hope I can get good advices from people who are more knowledgeable than I am.

Thanks in advance.

post-55701-0-84966700-1373980595_thumb.j

post-55701-0-08534700-1373980601_thumb.j

If you want something a little dressier I would go with a Calibre 16 Carrera - Date only. The day date is a very sporty watch and a little on the large size while the smaller date only Carrera's are a more classic 41mm. There is a large selection of these models available and they are very well repped, perhaps not as a good as the Day-Date though. The Day Date is a fantastic watch though and looks great, even if it is a little sporty. I would have to agree with Andrew, the black is definitely the way to go and I would avoid the titanium model as it is even more sporty and less suitable as a dress watch.

Here is mine.

post-44290-0-57200700-1374072127_thumb.j

post-44290-0-06493400-1374072141_thumb.j

wow, nice cool watches you have there. i got my calibre 36 today. Just one week from the date of my purchase and im loving it.

i am thinking whether to get the cal 16 day date black. next on my list will be the omega ultimate skyfall.

does anybody here knows a great tag rep for ladies? need to buy one for the wifey so i can buy more for myself. hehe.