When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SOSF v2 QC pics - my very first rep purchase!

myulchi

Hello, members of the firendliest watch forum on planet!

I am a newbie in the world of reps, although I do have a few gens (longines master c, tag grand carrera rs6 and few casios). I just made my first purchase from toro (sosf and Ult po), and he sent me QC pics for the Sosf. I turned this down and asked for another watch because I thought the date was slightly to left. I'm not quite sure if I am being too picky or if this is a normal process. I have been reading a lot of posts here and made my decision to request for a different watch, but direct advices from experienced members will be appreciated. Here goes the pics I turned down. Also, what is the "correct S on dial" mean? I saw members talk about the correct s a few times but never figured out what they are referring to. Thanks in advance!

post-55922-0-22968400-1374428750_thumb.j

post-55922-0-74743900-1374428765_thumb.j

post-55922-0-67679800-1374428836_thumb.j

post-55922-0-54900500-1374428865_thumb.j

The lume application also looks very sloppy.  I would also ask for QC pictures on the clasp as Breitling reps are know to have poor clasp construction.

If it doesn't work out I have one of these for sale!  H-Factory BEST, Black dial, Swiss ETA in very good condition.  Its posted in the for sale section on the forums.  You should check it out ;) Haha.   

The lume application also looks very sloppy.  I would also ask for QC pictures on the clasp as Breitling reps are know to have poor clasp construction.

If it doesn't work out I have one of these for sale!  H-Factory BEST, Black dial, Swiss ETA in very good condition.  Its posted in the for sale section on the forums.  You should check it out ;) Haha.   

Lume looks fine, even my gen isnt perfect, what are you talking about? lol

The watch looks good to me. Nothing sticks out as being below-par, and I would most likely have approved the pictures. That's just my thoughts though.

I'm not 100% however I believe the "correct s" must be referring to the style of the "s" in Superocean. My guess is that in Version 1, the "s" was not as per the gen. In what way it wasn't correct, I don't know however they say it has now been rectified in the V2.

Thank you very much everyone for your advices. I did turn down another one for having visible white marks on hands. I am waiting for another QC hopefully last one. I will keep in mid that these are reps and flaws are to be found.

B3nj4min3 thanks for sharing info on the "s" I was referring to. ;)