When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New 7750 troubles. Please help!

gt rider

Hi all,

I just received my first A7750 watch and I'm having some issues. I received it yesterday and set the date and time and it seemed to be working without any issues. This morning it was dead so I reset the time and slapped it on but by mid-day it died and it won't start again.

The balance wheel moves freely and when I blow on it, it will run for 5-10 seconds and then stop again. The rotor spins freely without any issues. When I unscrew the crown, it will turn counter clockwise with a ticking noise but it will not spin clockwise at all. Palm slap does nothing. 

I tried manually winding it (unscrewing the crown and turning it clockwise) but I can't. All I get is too much resistance to wind it at all. What should I check/try to get it running again? This is my first A7750 so I'm hoping it's something simple that I don't know about.

20130726_191007_zps38bb5f2d.jpg

2013-07-29210656_zps3b8a54ba.jpg
20130729_210622_zps3a15dc4e.jpg

Thanks! 

I agree with Freddy; a service would be beneficial both to get the watch working and over the long run.

The A7750 is a workhorse of a movement however it generally requires a complete service first thanks to the shoddy QC in the assembly of the movement.

Another possibility could either be a screw stuck somewhere in the gear train or something has popped out of alignment. In one of my A7750's, I had a case screw that had managed to find its way in to movement and jammed up the works.