When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need a watch with 24mm lugs

matzaman

Hi guys

I recently bought two grey colored 24mm bands, one from bj's strap (alcantara, light grey with white thread) and one from kain heritage (grey nubuck) to fit my new panerai anthracite 089 that I got from trusty. One will go on that watch. The other one needs a home.

I have three panerais already so I'm trying to stay away from that brand. But I'm having a hard time finding a nice rep with wide enough lugs to go with the light color. So far I think the Bentley flying b might work, or the breitling 6.75. But was hoping to ask the experts for your opinion.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Hi guys

I recently bought two grey colored 24mm bands, one from bj's strap (alcantara, light grey with white thread) and one from kain heritage (grey nubuck) to fit my new panerai anthracite 089 that I got from trusty. One will go on that watch. The other one needs a home.

I have three panerais already so I'm trying to stay away from that brand. But I'm having a hard time finding a nice rep with wide enough lugs to go with the light color. So far I think the Bentley flying b might work, or the breitling 6.75. But was hoping to ask the experts for your opinion.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Hi: Never heard about someone buying a strap first and then going for the watch, but that's absolutely legitimate. In my opinion if you want something different (not Panerai) I'd go gen. If you look with patience in the internet you re going to run into pretty interesting vintage 1930's and 40's rebuilds and restored pilot watches from WW II. They are gen, Swiss or German made pieces actually isued to the Luftwaffe and other branches of the German armed foces during those times. If you are concerned about price, think of $300 to $700 dollars, which is what you'd pay for an asian powered rep or a modded (so trendy these days) classic.

Look for brands like Doxa, Eterna and Longines.

Hope this helps you in your quest.

Cheers.

Thanks

Just for clarity, I bought the PAM 089 which has the band I wanted, but its about 20MM too short for my giant wrists.  I wasn't sure which of the two bands I would like best on the Panerai, so I bought them both knowing Id like both bands.  They are both pretty similar but with different material.

Ive heard of these brands before, but do you know if they take a 24mm width?