When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What do you prefer: the Rolex Sub Date Ceramic or Omega PO Ceramic 42mm or Breitling SuperOcean 44mm

aa007210

Hi all, I am interested in a new project. I know the quality of the Rolex sport models but do not know the quality of the Omega PO Ceramic 42mm and the Breitling SuperOcean 44mm. I do not have any experience with the quality of these rep's. I read something about the PO that is has problems with the HE valve crown but do not know the details. So which of these three models is your favorite for the summertime and what can you say in general about the Omega PO and Breitling SO rep's: case, crystal, dial and hands, bracelet and clasp and of course which movement is the best out of the box when you buy Omega or Breitling? Which movement would you choose: Swiss ETA or Asian ETA. Are the Swiss ETA movements (2824-2) they use in the PO gen movements are the same as in Rolex 50% Swiss ETA parts and 50% Asian parts. Does it matter whether you buy one from Angus, Joshua or Andrew or do the have the same watches and from the same Factory. I am new on Omega and Breitling so I do not know whether they also come from Noob and BP or only from Noob. Thanks for your help.

I would go for a SO44, although I havent owned a new Ceramic PO so cant really give much insight. The one glaring issue I have with it is the display caseback, being a bit picky that would drive me crazy.

I own a SO44 and can 100% confirm its the best rep I have owned (and I have had lots!) the quality is there and its 98% perfect vs Gen, they even sorted the clasp which was always a tell with Breitling reps.

Im not sure which factory makes the Superocean but I believe the PO is a noob factory watch.

As far as movements go personally I like to go for a swiss movement, I have heard people say that the asian version is just as good but I like the knowledge of having a swiss movement, silly I know! I would factor in a service, maybe not straight away but at some point down the line, that way if does die on you your not going to be too disappointed.

+1 on the SO. choose from the dealers listed here on the forum, to each their own. Every one has their favorite, it's kind of like asking which store do you prefer to buy Dial soap? Just about every dealer can get the exact same watch, each charge differently and might or might not offer different services to justify the price difference. Very few of the dealers actually have any stock onhand (some do for "specials" or for EU drop shipping) so they all get what the maker has when they make the watch to fulfill your order. Read the dealer reviews in their respective sections to get a feel for which dealer you want to go with.