When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Solutions for 16610 solid endlink?

marrickvilleboy

Hey guys,

I have an older BK Submariner (v2 or v3, I dont remember anymore). It was the version that had the flat "S" in the dial but had solid mid-links despite being a 93250 bracelet.

I recently purchased a TC v2 93250 bracelet with hollow mid links but have found the Solid End links just dont line up well - on either side...

Had a quick search to see if there was a solution to this but no luck.

Any pointers out there?

thanks in advance!

I would do one of two things...

1) Sell the BK watch assuming its all rep this should be a huge loss in what you paid for it.

2) Buy a TC case and transplant all your BK pieces to the new case. Although there might be some parts that may be challenging to fit.

I personally would go for option 1 and you'll be able to recoup some cash from the sale and pick up a 2nd hand TC fairly easy. It's the less problematic route. How important is hollow links is the question...

Thanks for the reply.

How much better is the TC case vs. BK?

I have genuine hands and genuine 3135 movement in the BK version atm.

Can't believe end links still causes so much problems...

First off let me say wow. You have a heck of a superfranken there...

So the TC is as close to gen as it gets. Both TC and Sean cases accept gen movement with no modification. A bare TC case will run you apprx $200. Crown high on the BK is lower then the gen (TC/Sean). Google TC submariners and on his site he has a few blogs regarding the case and its ability to accept gen parts.

Must be nice to have the gen movement. Makes life easier. I am trying to source one or a y3135 to avoid clipping a gen 16613 dial. I'd also like to use the gen hands. Such is life

Appreciate your help so far C - very helpful.

Looks like TC doesn't make the LN submariner anymore but only the LV version.

Do you think its easy to hunt down a TC case or TC Submariner as a whole?

Forgot to mention the crown on my BK is also genuine.

The bezel construction should be transplantable right?

thanks again.

Your BK LN dial should fit in a TC case with no issue. TC case can be bought directly from TC. $250 includes everything you'll need to house the movment and gen parts. I mean you'll be left with spare BK and TC parts. Essentially building a TC sub with BK dial and gen parts. If you don't have a crystal I know wiseguy has a thread in the parts section with a parts "feeler" thread.

http://blog.tc-sub.com/2012/05/220-tc-submariner-watch-case-set-v.html