When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help with Dial Spacer on DWO install of 2846 ETA

civic4982

I recently installed a Polex Pete DWO Silver DWO to my otherwise functioning perfectly 2846 ETA movement.

I completely removed the old DWO and placed the new DWO onto the date wheel itself.

I'm having 2 problems currently and could really use your help.

1) DWO rubs on the dial. I've tried removing the dial spacer and reinstalling it and still no luck.

It works fine without the dial on but bogs when dial is installed.

2) Seems the dial was never installed with any feet. It was held in place with dial dots and that's okay but now I need to somehow find a solution to get the dial affixed again.

I'm in CONUS and could use some advice or someone to send this bad boy to to git'er done.

5 hours has gone by and I'm at my wits I think.

Thanks.

Edited by civic4982

I just installed a genuine dial onto a 2846 with a TC DW overlay on the date disc.

Rolexaddict once told me he always glues the dial on the dial spacer ring. 

I followed his advice and it works pretty good. 

As for the datewheel rubbing on the dial - the only chance you have is to get more space between them.

Maybe use dial stickers on the spacer ring to have the dial sit higher. That's at least how I would try to solve the problem.

Since you are in Texas, maybe give JMB a shout. He's very good with stuff like this and also Texas based.

Good news!

I got the watch back together and use some dots to space up the spacer just a tad more.

Bad news is that I still have4 a slight delay and a slight dragging of the DWO.

I'll take it apart again maybe in a few weeks but for now it just is sluggish on the changeover. I'm okay with that for now.

Since I'm having it relumed anyways (dunno by whom yet so any suggestions appreciated) I'll probably just leave it as is for right now.

Thanks Akira for the recs.