When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Your Thoughts on this Build Plan for a 1675 PCG

ceocorona

So I picked this watch up a few months ago and I set it aside when it arrived.  I am seeking opinions to see if this looks like a case worthy of finishing a 1675 PCG build.  I was told it was a TW case from a few years back that was reshaped to be gen spec.  What are your thoughts on the case and potential to be a worthy 1675 build.  Or should I just sell the watch with parts and pickup a RolexAddict 1675 PCG watch?  

It was sold as having a gen jubilee bracelet, gen clasp, gen dial, gen crystal.  I think the crown is rep.  No idea what movement is inside but its broken regardless.  I bought a new DG movement and matching hands to have installed.  What else should be modded IF I decide to continue the build.  Still on the fence..  All I know is that I want a 1675 so either this one or a RA 1675... 

photo1_zps36749e95.jpg

photo2_zps11aa5a67.jpg

photo3_zpsd15eb25d.jpg

photo4_zpsb199c9e1.jpg

photo5_zps3239206d.jpg

photo1_zps689f4138.jpg

photo2_zpsa8d378aa.jpg

photo4_zpsadb99380.jpg

I'm not liking the CG's, That looks like a 5.3mm crown but the CG spacing is for a 6mm crown. Also it doesn't look like the CG's are even, the bottom one has more slope on the inside and the space between the CG and the crown isn't even. Would be nice to see some of rolexaddict's photos of his 1675's.

I'd say that cases profile looks pretty good.

Just do some work on the CGs and you'll have a very nice 1675.

The crown is a tad small but what to do...you have to make a choice...use a correct 5.3mm crown that's to small for the CGs or an incorrect 6mm that'll fit the CGs...both will be a tell to the known...;)

I'd say that cases profile looks pretty good.

Just do some work on the CGs and you'll have a very nice 1675.

The crown is a tad small but what to do...you have to make a choice...use a correct 5.3mm crown that's to small for the CGs or an incorrect 6mm that'll fit the CGs...both will be a tell to the known... ;)

OR... buy a finished RA 1675 and swap in a slow beat movement? Lol... Too many options.