When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Not just another 1680...a 1680 Kermit

docthor

Maybe some of you guys noticed that a few weeks ago I was searching for a TC or WM9 LV.
Actually I don't like the 5 digit Subs that much but I always loved the LV.
Since my "love" for the LV was so painfull I even wanted to trade my really unique 1665 for it...
Lucky me...I didn't get a good offer or at least not "in time".
After a few days I realized that it's such a stupid idea to give a really nice 1665 for just another LV...I withdrew my trade offer.
But still...I needed to have a LV...

Due to misreading dutchguy2 placed a pretty nice picture in my head :D

He was still working on my 1680...mostly assembling the parts ..the SRdial already has been relumed by him and (sadly) since he quit modding I have to send my 1680 to JJ to get the CG work done...but that's okay :)

I asked him if he knew a source where I can buy a green inlay for my 1665...but...probably because he only had my 1680 in his mind he read 1680 and told me he might have one and he'd installing it for me...bang...that picture...a 1680 Kermit...

Unfortunately his inlay won't fit a 4 digit Sub and by that time I wasn't able to find a source for one... :(
I was just about to try to make some myself, had some ideas which most likely never worked out to be good enough, and wanted to buy some black inlay from Gary and once again lucky me...he had some green ones for the 4 digit subs :D

Ordered one 10 days ago and today it arrived...cool...:8

So...here it is like I received it last week...
yqu3uha5.jpg

Swapped out the gen insert, mounted a Yuki pearl into the Kermit insert and had been way to impatient with installing the insert... :(
But somehow the scratch at 20 gives it a little more character :D...
I have to find something good at it just not to throw the watch at the wall ;)

img_1478yzxv4.jpg
img_148054b54.jpg
img_148108biu.jpg
img_1482twasl.jpg
img_14847mlyw.jpg
img_1485mzl7y.jpg
img_1491mmzrg.jpg

Specs:

Cartel 5512 Case (I know...stubby CGs...but hey...remember what JJ did to them? ;) )
Gen Spec lug holes
Single red dial source unknown, pretty decent, lumed by dutchguy 2
TC hands
Clark Kermit 4 digit inlay
Yuki perl
Gen 703
TC tube
Gen 127
Gen NOS 2846

Polexpetes silver DWO
Bracelet and 580 endlinks rep

Once my war chest is filled again I'll send it over to JJ to have the CGs shaved...then it's pretty perfect I'd say :)