When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

OMEGA PLANET OCEAN BLACK CERAMIC 42MM - problem with crown

DonT

Hi guys,

i received watch which i ordered and it is really nice but there are one problem:-( 
The crown is not possible completely screw down. You can see in attached picture, also from QC pictures which seller sent me befor shipment.
 I thought that in picture someone forget to close the crown but truth is that crown is not possible completely close never. 
When i asked seller than he told me "that problem not able to fix.  it's factory design problems"
What i have to do now?

post-57196-0-78571200-1379537286_thumb.p

Sorry to hear you have issues with this, honestly, I expected these 42mm crowns/tubes to be hit and miss on initial release of this watch. The 45mm versions appear to be better.

You could ask the dealer to take the watch back and ask for another. Alternatively you could ask him to send you a new crown and tube and get a watchmaker to install. Truthfully, no easy option with this, it is a bit of luck of the draw on some reps like this one, some will be very smooth, others will cause problems. I'd personally nearly just buy a generic crown and tube (available on ofrei/cousinuk) that fits the dimensions and install it. Not the most accurate way to go about things, but at least you'd have full functionality.

A few questions, is there any screw down before it stops? i.e. is there some functionality of the crown at least screwing partially?

Is there anything gunking up the tube thread or crown, lint, dirt or dust? If you have some functionality (some screw down) I wouldn't worry about it if the watch passes water resist test.?

Try cleaning tube threads first and see if it improves. You may also be suffering from a badly cut stem, any problem winding as you are screwing in crown. A watchmaker should be able to help if it is a small issue like these.

• Like 1

First of all thanks a lot for you reply. Maybe a chose bad shop.. but this is experience to future.. but little bit expensive..
Now i try answer to your question (but sorry for my english:-) ):
Yes it screw down before stop
How i have to test is there anything gunking up the tube thread or crown? I have to disassemble watch?
Maybe is better to order original part from ofrei. Can you help me find the right parts? After that is 100% certainty that this parts match to this case of the watch?

First of all thanks a lot for you reply. Maybe a chose bad shop.. but this is experience to future.. but little bit expensive..

Now i try answer to your question (but sorry for my english:-) ):

Yes it screw down before stop

How i have to test is there anything gunking up the tube thread or crown? I have to disassemble watch?

Maybe is better to order original part from ofrei. Can you help me find the right parts? After that is 100% certainty that this parts match to this case of the watch?

Exactly right. Just order the gen parts from cousins in the uk or ofrei. The POs have this crown issue as a well known flaw.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

That's bad indeed. I received mine this week with no issues on the bezel, crown, lume, bracelet etc. Although this is the best out of the box Omega PO Ceramic I saw last month I am not a Omega guy and want the sell it here. Unfortunately I cannot post today in the sales area. I hope they fix this problem soon so I can post my Omega PO Cr here  :g: