When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai 249

nelsonlye

Compliments on your taste, the pam249 model is a very nice model. I had one too a long time ago, even had it modded by The Zigmeister. But still, if you are looking for 1:1 then better look further. The pam249 is a great model, but the rep just has way too many flaws. That is also the reason why I sold mine.

wrong case shape, too round

missing engraving on the case

missing 'OP' on the dial

Dial is just a whole other story. Rep dial cannot compare to gen. The gen has these cutouts in the dial where the lume is seated in.

Rep lume on this one is quite weak

Hand are often painted while the gen has 'blued' hands

There has not been a new model recently, so the available reps are several years old already. And just last couple of years, in general the reps have improved so much with H and N factories.

If your rep pam029M is from noob factory, then in quality is is way superior to this pam249. 

One thing I do like is the strap. That looks totally awesome. Do you know who the maker is and where to buy one?

Indeed the case cannot be fixed. The dial also cannot be fixed. Also the hands not, and not the crystal shape. If you want to fix it you will end up with +600usd watch which still doesn't look gen. :)

I chose for a homage watch with california dial, since I liked that dial and model so much.  ;)